“Nailed It!!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Livonia, Michigan
“Nailed It!!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We had our 25 person wedding reception there June 25 and every guest was as thoroughly pleased with everything as we were with the overall package and experience.
In the planning stages the management was extraordinarily helpful, flexible, and patient. We arrived to a beautiful setting and helpful staff. The owner/manager (?) orchestrated the occasion graciously and the staff was attentive and professional with all courses and service well timed. The appetizers, soups, and salads were delicious. The dinner choices ordered were the salmon, pork chop, and filet, and EVERYONE (even the picky people) raved about their meals. Actually, everyone raved about the setting and the entire experience!
We were and still are thoroughly pleased with our reception at HawksHead

• Visited June 2014
HawksHead18, General Manager at HawksHead Restaurant, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Words cannot express how happy this review makes us. Greg Ruppert, the owner you were talking about, loves putting together events such as yours and he is amazing at making sure that everything goes off without a hitch. He takes special care with events because he knows how important it is for our guests to have that special moment. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review for us and hope that you will choose us for your next event.

Davenport
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mixed up?”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Nine friends were looking forward to a pleasant dinner after a round of golf at the Hawkshead golf course. I had made a reservation a week prior and was told we would get the "library" room for our group. On arrival, we were escorted to a table in the main dining room. When asked, the hostess kept asking who we had talked to and saying they had no record of it. So, no library for our group. Later one of our party overheard someone from the group that DID get the library say that he had to "pull a few strings" to get the room. Well, hey, Hawkshead, I'm a once a year customer when we are in the area for vacation so no big deal to lose a customer. Often when there is a mixup like this, the restaurant will offer some sort of compensation....a glass of wine or some other free treat. Not on this night. In addition my $28 ribeye was only moderately warm and others said the same about their entrees. So, my advice is play the course and skip the dining room.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Charles K
HawksHead18, General Manager at HawksHead Restaurant, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
I have already answered a review for someone else in your party but I will give you the same response. I am very sorry that you guys were not given the library. But to say that we show favoritism is not accurate. We have a lot of people who frequent our establishment every year. Some of the locals come a lot, but we require even our family and closest friends to make reservations and we would never bump someone because we knew them. Again, I am not sure what you overheard, and I still say it must have been a joke within that party because under no circumstances do we show favortism after someone has requested that room. We have in the past offered to buy drinks or compensate and usually that is at the Manager's discretion. I regret that you no longer plan to visit us, but I do hope that you can forgive us.
Oak Lawn, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Hidden Gem"”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Our overall stay at HawksHead was great! Lovely Inn and grounds. We stayed at the Inn as well as other family members. The only snag was when we arrived for check in. We were greeted with a friendly welcome by a staff member and given our key to our room. When we arrived on the 3rd floor...our room had not been cleaned. We stayed in another family members room until it was ready. Not a big deal...but I would think the staff should know what rooms are complete before handing out the key. The guys enjoyed golfing...while the ladies enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere of the inn...as well as shopping in town. We dined at the restaurant 2 evenings during our 3 day stay. The food was excellent, as well as the staff. Everything was prepared to our liking...perfection. My husband and I had the Ribeye the first evening. It melted in our mouths. The meal was finished off with a complimentary dessert for my birthday...Chocolate Lave Cake. Was a nice surprise and decadent to say the least! During our stay, I also had the Whitefish accompanied by the mashed sweet potatoes. I enjoyed every bite. Oh...don't forget the Lobster Bisque Soup. The drinks were refreshing. Enjoyed "The HawksHead state of mind", and the "Skinny Molokai". The complimentary continental breakfast was great...nice variety to start the day. I would also like to commend one of the sous chefs for going above and beyond his duty to help us out the last evening of our stay. After ending an enjoyable evening with our family on the outdoor patio, we realized we didn't have our key. Lucky for us, the sous chefs were just leaving. He (forgot to get his name, you know who you are) immediately contacted the manager to locate the spare key to get us in to our room. We were so grateful for his service. Not only in the kitchen, but also lending us a helping hand. Thank You! I do agree with another review...the mattress & pillows could use an upgrade. Overall, I would definitely recommend HawksHead for an enjoyable experience.

• Visited August 2014
Thank you for such a thorough review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your overall stay. We apologize for your room not being cleaned. Check in time for the Inn is 11am and it is my understanding that you arrived at 9:30am. However, our manager should have checked on the room and informed you that it wasn't ready, so I am sorry about that. As for updating our rooms, that is slated for this winter when our Inn will be closed. It was great to hear that our Sous Chef Doug, helped you get into your room. That is the type of service we demand from our staff. Going above and beyond is what it's all about. Thanks again!
“Simply Amazing! ”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

You would never guess by the emptiness of the surroundings that this restaurant nestles quietly in the back woods of South HAVEN would be so amazing. We had a little bit of everything! For starters the garlic bread w herbed garlic butter (the best garlic bread ever), than for a appetizer we had the OMG Chips, which were house made chips with a gouda cream cheese sauce bacon bits and blueberries. YES! They were great! Next we had the Lobster Bisque Soup. The best tomatoe base sherry wine lobster bisque soup we have had in a while. FINALLY our main course. I had the Chillian Sea Bass it had a blueberry sauce under it with a tablespoon side of peach cobbler like sauce and risotto balls. It was light sweet and savory. My partner had the Ribeye with mushroom and onion, the Aug gratin potatoes and the vegetables were were a corn mix. I don't recommend the potatoes, they were ok. But the steak melted in ur mouth and was very good. We ordered it medium and it was still very pink in middle so I would recommend doing it medium no less unless u want the cow to moo.
Overall, the food was great. We even had our 2 toddlers with us who had hot dogs and fries but also ate the appetizers with us. They loved everything.

HawksHead18, General Manager at HawksHead Restaurant, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review! We love when we have accomplished what we set out to do. It is our intention to create an atmosphere that everyone can enjoy especially families. At HawksHead we have the opportunity to create memories for so many of our guests. It's what keeps us coming back day after day. Truly, when you can create an unforgettable experience and know that you have created a returning customer it makes everything worthwhile. Thank you!
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Quite a disappointment”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We probably hit this restaurant on a bad night. We had a terrible waitress. She kept forgetting our wine . She brought our food cold and took forever. Never came back to check on us. Wrong glasses for our wine too. Heard good things ,perhaps we will try it again.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Lucy2go
Since we strive so hard to make sure all of our guest have a great experience with us, it is very disappointing to read your review. Unfortunately sometimes there are situations beyond our control. I really wish you would have let the acting Manager know. We can only address this issue when it is happening. I can't give you that night back, but I do hope that you give us another chance to show you just how wonderful we really are.