“Not what we expected”

HawksHead Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 72 Restaurants in South Haven
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: HawksHead is known for it's amazing cuisine, peaceful setting, and lovely golf course. We are only 7-10 minutes from downtown South Haven, but it feels like miles away. It's a world away from all the hustle and bustle and gives you that special place to relax and unwind.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

After reading so many positive reviews, we were hoping for a little more from our dining experience at the Inn at HawksHead Restaurant. My husband ordered the prime rib dinner (the special for the evening) and was disappointed. It was served barely warm and lacked flavor. I, on the other hand, was very pleased with my lobster bisque and scallops with bacon (an appetizer that I ordered as my entree). I would definitely recommend both of those menu items. Service was a little slow, even though only about half the tables were full. However, the dining room is romantic and the surrounding woods are beautiful. Overall it was an average experience and I would not suggest the drive if you're staying in South Haven.

HawksHead18, General Manager at HawksHead Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

I am very sorry to hear about your disappointment on your last visit to HawksHead. We are committed to providing great customer service and strive to provide every guest with a memorable experience. Slow nights are not an excuse and we hope that you would return for another visit in the future. I am sorry your prime rib was not to your liking, we would have been happy to replace the entrée for you or provide you with another cut. Thank you for your positive feedback on the scallops and lobster bisque, it is a house recipe that has been with us since the opening.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

They like to ignore you at this pricey bistro that knows they have you because you are most likely playing golf. Harder than the dickens to get to and not worth the effort.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Inn was beautiful! We were pleasantly surprised. Our meal at the Inn that evening was one of the best we have ever had. We will definitely visit again.

2  Thank Cheryl T
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Lobster Bisque is a must. Always busy during the summer season so make reservations. And, to make a perfect dinner, golf first. The course is a good one.

1  Thank LindaRut
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I love everything about Hawkshead: the rooms and the restaurant are very charming, romantic and elegant! The service, the breakfast, the bar, the landscaping, the people that work there. Next stay October 11 to 14 with my husband, again!

2  Thank Houston_TxFriend