We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Point
West Point Lighthouse Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 West Point B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was our first stop on our trip and the breakfasts provided were very good. The beach was lovely even in the midst of high winds and rain! Not a ton of restaurant options at the location as it is remote but there is a wee restaurant a block down the road that had great bacon wrapped scallops. We were on the main floor as the upper rooms were not available. The lighthouse was very interesting to tour and the inn staff made you feel very welcome and interacted with the guests just the right amount. Pleasant and helpful and full of information about the inn when asked.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed for a week at the West Point Lighthouse Inn. The inn is attached to the lighthouse however there are a few rooms to stay in directly inside the lighthouse if you're feeling historic. We stayed on the second floor so that we'd overlook the water. Waking up every morning to the sound of the waves and smell of the sea I can say was the best feeling in the world. The staff was so friendly and accommodating and provided us with anything we needed, including laundry! They served a simple continental breakfast each morning, but it was still delicious. We would definitely recommend this spot if someone is looking to retreat to a quiet location off the beat and track. So peaceful.

One downside I'd have to say, the walls are paper thin, but most guests are quiet so we didn't have much of a problem.

Room Tip: Second floor has the best view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Tower room for one night and it was really very nice. The room was clean with windows on 3 sides overlooking the water. The bed was comfortable and slept very well. You could hear the light turning in the tower (as you hope you could), but that didn't interfere with my sleep. The bathroom is large and very well done with a shower and separate tub. The innkeeper is nice and personable and the other staff was friendly.

The only downside is the location in that there aren't many places to eat close by. There is a seafood restaurant just down the road that looks like it has potential, but I was there on a Monday and it was closed. So plan your eating (particularly if you are there on a Monday) and it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were making our first visit to Prince Edward Island and didn't have a clue where we wanted to go to, or where we would stay for our overnight trip. I spent ages on the computer and found lots of fairly interesting places, but nothing that jumped out. Lots of places are geared toward "Ann of Green Gables" but that isn't something that interests us. Anyway I had a chat with the P.E.I. tourist people, told them what I was looking for and they suggested the West Point Lighthouse.
I can highly recommend this as a fairly unique thing to do.
You can stay in the lighthouse itself, but the rooms in the adjoining two storey building are probably far more comfortable, in fact their first class. When we arrived we were asked if we were dining in, which is the logical thing to do as you're quite out of the way. After ordering from their menu, we were invited to climb around the inside of the lighthouse for about half an hour while the kitchen prepared our meal.
We had a good meal, a nice walk along the deserted beach,a lovely breakfast and if you appreciate a bit of solitude and a somewhat unusual location, you'll enjoy your stay here.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the upstairs rooms in the main building, because there is a windbreak between the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Phil-M-1955
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My 8 year old and I stayed at the Tower Room last August, and I wish we had stayed another night. When there are no guests staying in the room, the room is part of the museum tour. However, once you close the room door, no one is able to access it without the room key.

The room is fairly basic- it is part of the museum after all, but the bed was absolutely comfortable and we fell asleep to the sound of the surf. The room has great ocean views, but there is no balcony, so if you wish to sit on the balcony and relax then other rooms may be a better choice.

The restaurant at the Inn is open for lunch and dinner, and breakfast is included in the price. There is a sufficient choice of food and everything is freshly prepared, and we didn't have to wait too long for the food. The staff was kind enough to make a fresh pot of coffee late at night even as the kitchen was closing.

Climbing up to the top of the lighthouse was well worth the views, but going down the stairs took some serious focusing and measured steps.

The location is somewhat remote, but it works great if you wish to get away from the city lights, noise and crowds, as well as have a great view of the night sky.

There were very few people on the beach and the beach streches for at least a few kilometers.

This was one of the highlights of our road trip, and if we go back to PEI we'll definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sansaan
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed one night in the Tower Room of the West Point Lighthouse Inn expecting it to be an amazing stay and it was just terrible. The room was very overpriced. The location isn't great, there is nothing around there to go to, so I was forced to eat at the restaurant at the Inn. The food wasn't ready for and hour and a half and it was horrible and expensive. The staff in general were not very efficient or friendly. The room was not clean and the bedding must have been dried with a few dozen Bounce sheets. The smell was so suffocating I could not sleep. The one and only good thing about this Inn was the view from the top of the lighthouse was amazing. Other than that it was a horrible stay and I would never go back there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Sara N
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is a well run facility in a beautiful location. I only wish we had stayed a couple of nights and not just one.
First of all the location is absolutely scenic, fairly secluded and quiet with only the sounds of the surf to put you to sleep. The view out the window of our second floor room was like a seascape and you could see the eastern shore of New Brunswick across the strait.
Second, the room was extremely well done, very clean, quite roomy, beds were very comfortable, and had lots of nice amenities.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast provided lots of choices and was more than adequate. Since there are no restaurants close by, the Inn is providing a limited menu of dinner options and was quite pleasant. Instead of driving a fair distance to get our dinner, it gave us more time to enjoy lots of beachwalking. There are also lots of nice trails to walk in the park that surrounds the inn.
While we were there, we climbed the lighthouse and enjoyed the fascinating displays of lighthouse equipment and historic displays depicting the history of the lighthouse and its keepers.
To sum it up, if you like lighthouses and the sound of the surf, you just have to put this place on your travel itinerary.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor of the Inn have the best view of the beach.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fred F

Been to West Point Lighthouse Inn? Share your experiences!