“A beautifully calm, peaceful place to walk the beach, watch the sunset, and stay on vacation!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Point
West Point Lighthouse Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 West Point B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Inn for only 1 night on our 8 day trip to PEI. It is indeed a great place to stay - there's only about 24 rooms so you have the beach almost to yourself - all the rooms face the beach and water, but the 2nd floor rooms give you a much better view. Our room was very nice - good amenities - but having the balcony overlooking the beach was what made it for us. We also found that this is one of the rare lighthouses that isn't red and white - altho all the red and white ones are distinct from one another. The provincial park is very close by and while it seemed full, the beach was never crowded - at least after 3 pm when we arrived. The breakfast in the am was great - really fresh blueberries and strawberries, hard boiled eggs, many cereals, oatmeal, muffins (they were great), danish, etc., etc. The one drawback for tourists from the US as we were - you can eat dinner at the lighthouse or you can drive for we don't know how long to find another place for dinner. My best guess is 30 miles or so. This is in the northern end of the island and it does get more remote out here. Actually, dinner was fine - choices were only 3 but meal was cooked well and the server/chef was a wonderful lady who was so pleasant and nice to talk with. I wouldn't let the dinner situation stop me from staying at this Inn again. It was a treat. I'm attaching a picture of the lighthouse w/inn as well as the great sunset we had that night while the blue/full moon arose on the other side of the inn. You can't beat that!!!

Room Tip: Definitely the 2nd floor for a better view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peg S

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had booked a one night stay here as part of our Atlantic Canada tour on our motorbikes. We had visited this place last year and were determined to return and spend the night. What a treat! They are winding down for the season and Connie at the front desk was standing in as the regular staff had all returned to school. However, we were greeted warmly and shown to our beautiful room in the inn (rather than the lighthouse). These rooms appear newly renovated and have the advantage of all having balconies that overlook the beach. The room was spotless and comfortable with modern furnishings. The beds were incredibly comfy and we slept like tops to the sounds of the surf. An added bonus for us was that a small menu for dinner was available and is cooked to order. We both had a simple, delicious meal served in the tiny dining room. Several other couples did the same. This is a nice option as the one restaurant down the street did not open this year and there are no other restaurants close by. Unfortunately a major rain storm blew through the following morning making the prospect of leaving on our motorbikes very unappealing. Thankfully they had room to accommodate us for another night and Connie and Joanne were most anxious to make sure we were comfortable, even serving up some delicious clam chowder for lunch. Breakfasts both mornings were more than adequate with yoghurt, fresh fruit, croissants, boiled eggs all available along with cereals etc.
I hope this place does well, I understand it is currently under temporary management (not that we would have known it). It is owned by the local community and is a great way of allowing people to experience this beautiful part of the island in a memorable way.

Room Tip: There are two rooms in the lighthouse which we did not see. The inn rooms are modern and comfortable...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013

A truly amazing place!
We arrived for a 2 night stay. If you love lighthouses, beaches, and the ocean you'll enjoy this place. We had a room with an outside entrance which gives you access directly to the beach, I mean like 25' feet away! The rooms are clean, bright and modern with a fridge and huge bath. Water pressure is a bit low and cable isn't extensive but who cares in a place like this! Guests have 24 hr access to the FUNCTIONING lighthouse and we got several awesome pics at sunset from the top. A hot breakfast is included. We are already talking about returning next year.

Room Tip: 2 rooms are available directly in the actual lighthouse.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife, 2 teenage daughters, and I stayed at the West Point Lighthouse Inn during our tip-to-tip cycling tour of PEI. If you are cycling on the Confederation Trail, be forewarned that the lighthouse is approximately 12 miles from O'Leary, and that (at least the night we were there) that there is no restaurant. We called ahead and purchased groceries in O'Leary. My wife and I stayed in the Tower room on the second floor of the lighthouse, a unique experience. After cycling from Tignish to North Cape and down to West Point, a hot bath in the claw foot tub was truly appreciated. The room remained cool as there were windows on 3 walls. There was a great view out to the water from both the bathroom and the bedroom; unfortunately it rained the night we stayed and sunset was non-existent. The sunrise in the morning, however, was beautiful, and the beach was directly outside the door of the inn. Our daughters stayed in one of the first floor seaside rooms which was smaller than the room in the lighthouse but did have a refrigerator. Breakfast was average with oatmeal, cold cereal, hard boiled eggs, etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank biovio
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed one night in the hotel portion with a second floor balcony overlooking the beach. You would almost swear that it was brand new and modern. The desk clerk and manager were always friendly and helpful. I would have given it the top rating except that Sandals, their well rated "captive" restaurant has been closed and they have opened a mediocre on site restaurant without a license. You can make a 40-minute round trip drive to bring back a bottle of wine for your meal which will take you by the Potato Museum. Breakfast is quite good however.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Albuquerque_NMGeezer
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family and I stayed at the West Point Lighthouse in mid July. We stayed in the Keepers Quarters. The room was very comfortable. We enjoyed the museum and the beach very much. The only way this could be improved is if there were dining options to match the lovely setting. I was also very impressed to find something I was sure I lost along the way sent back to my house. That was exceptional service!

Room Tip: If you are going, I would recommend to stay in the lighthouse itself.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Inn for one night. We had driven 10 hours from Maine and when we got there, the hotel (and the whole area around it) had no power. Despite the situation not being ideal, we had an amazing stay. Chuck, the man that ran the Inn, was incredibly nice and wonderful. He gave us everything we needed to get by with no power and even gave us a local bottle of wine to enjoy! we were able to watch the sunset sitting in our room. The views are amazing and the inn is very comfortable and well kept. Rooms are also clean and updated. We didn't stay in the lighthouse, but still had great views and nice rooms. Our room had a door that allowed us to walk right out to the beach for long walks as well as a great window view (and we were only on the 1st floor). Sitting and watching the moon shine over the ocean in our room with only candlelight in the background was a great memory! it is a beautiful and secluded area of the island that is very peaceful! We can wait go back, power or no power! :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to West Point Lighthouse Inn? Share your experiences!