“Quality food at a reasonable price”
Review of The Broom Tavern

The Broom Tavern
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Broom
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I visited the Broom Tavern, together with a buisness colleague, after a recommendation from the land lady of our B&B in Bidford (the next village to Broom). I have been visiting the Bidford area on business for 6 years and have had my evening meal in just about every restaurant or pub within in 10 mile radius. We were very both impressed when we arrived at the Tavern: a warm welcome awaited us from the pleasant and chatty bar staff and the pub and restaurant very tastefully decorated (complete with log fire)!
We chose to sit at a table in the bar area, rather than the dedicated restaurant area, but we ordered from the restaurant menu (the bar meal menu is varied with reasonably priced plain meals). I had a Sea Bass and Seafood dish and my colleague had Pork Belly with pigeon breast. Both meals were excellent and the service was nothing short of superb. More importantly for my colleague who's turn it was to pay for dinner, the total cost of the meals complete with two drinks was just over £30!
I will be returning to the Broom Tavern when I am next in the area and would say that without doubt it was one of the best, if not the best meal and overall dining experience I have had when dining at the various other establishments in the area. I simply cannot fault the experience in anyway and would therefore be very confident in recommending the Tavern as a place to visit for either a drink, a pub meal or a more 'upmarket' meal from the restaurant.

1  Thank DGK1661

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We visited The Broom Tavern for the first time for a lunch with friends. It has recently been refurbished and we were keen to see if it was worth future visits. It has been refurbished very well with an authentic half timbered exterior and a clean, not over the top interior. The Menu, although not extensive was very good and we all enjoyed excellent meals at good value. All of our "allergies" were dealt with impeccably and we were pleasantly surprised with the quality and quantity. The service was attentive but not intrusive. We will go again!

1  Thank Glostan
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Went after seeing reviews on TA and cannot fault this pub. The staff were delightful and the food was excellent. It is a little more than we usually pay for a lunch but well worth it. The slow cooked lamb and the fish were cooked to perfection

1  Thank Sandra501
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I visited the Broom Tavern in August for a meal with my family. We were staying with relatives in Alcester, and this was a goodbye lunch before we returned to Canada the next day. I'd heard that the tavern was under new management, and my relatives had raved about the lunch they had had there recently - and had especially the excellent service. We sat in the bar area which has been re-furbished with trendy fabrics and nice furniture - old meets new! We could have sat in the garden outside, at the wooden tables with umbrellas, but there were too many wasps around for comfort.
The menu was a take on traditional pub food but with a modern twist - there were so many interesting items on the list that it was difficult to choose. Our meals were made with fresh local ingredients and were attractively served on wooden platters. The homemade soup was delicious, and my ploughman's lunch had the addition of charcuterie and fabulous homemade breads. We are looking forward to trying the dinner menu on our next visit to England - a great place to eat with thoughtful and well prepared food, and a great ambience.
When

Reviewed September 7, 2013

we stopped for lunch early on a Saturday afternoon after reading reviews the building is lovely and the food great I had the 5hour lamb my partner the sea bass all which were both excellent and cooked to perfection I paid a little more than I like to for a lunch our bill was £33 but my partner did have a large wine which always pushes your bill up ! at the end of the day you get what you pay for and if the food is of a good quality as it is at the broom I don't mind you cant put a price on quality the staff are lovely the place clean great place for a special lunch highly recommend