“The Old Piggery Haynes bedfordshire”

The Old Piggery Guest House & Yurts
Ranked #1 of 1 Haynes B&B and Inns
Linlithgow
“The Old Piggery Haynes bedfordshire”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Excellent accommodation for our short stay. Hosts were helpful and friendly. Rooms were spotless, cosy and spacious. A full choice of breakfasts. Plenty of parking. It is unsuitable for anyone without private transport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank James B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bournemouth
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We booked three rooms at The Old Piggery prior to my daughter's wedding on the recommendation of friend. Their web site is great and gives all the details you need. A quick email to the owners and the rooms were booked with the minimum of fuss.

The accommodation is in a modern purpose built self-contained building that tastefully blends in with the surrounding farmland. There is adequate parking and a large decking area with tables and chairs.

The rooms and furnishings are of a high standard and spotless. The beds are very comfortable and the bedding crisp!

The delicious cooked breakfast selection was freshly prepared from quality items and there was a variety of cereals, bread and fruit available.

What really made our stay memorable were the friendly hosts, particularly Rachel. Nothing was too much trouble. Even Alex Polizzi (The Hotel Inspector) would find nothing to complain about here!

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sussex
Reviewed July 11, 2012

A little gem in the middle of wheat fields and very peaceful. Spotlessly clean, in a modern but cosy room with twin beds which were very comfortable. Lovely white towels in the bathroom. Also I didn't need the extra sugar that I took with me for a cuppa in our room as Rachel provides sugar, tea and coffee in little jars so there was plenty for our use. The dining room was open-plan sharing a large space with some comfortable seating to read or whatever. Breakfast was courtesy of mother and father-in-law while Rachel took a break and very nice it was too. We only stayed for one night but wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if we were in the area. Excellent !!

Room Tip: All rooms have a good view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Rachel S, Manager at The Old Piggery Guest House & Yurts, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments from your stay in 2012 (and sincere apologies for the delayed response!). I must apologise also for not being there in person to meet you - juggling family and running a guesthouse can sometimes be easier said than done! I know my in-laws thoroughly enjoyed taking care of you and pleased they did a good job. Thank you again and it would be a pleasure to have you visit in the future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My 6 year old son and I stayed her for 4 nights in June and loved it. Rachel was so friendly from the help she gave me prior to our stay via email to the thoughtful little touches like remembering I like a pot for my tea and leaving one on our table each morning. Breakfast was delicious, including the best fruit salad every morning I think I have ever had ... not sure why it was SO yummy, but it was! And I have gluten free bread which Rachel kindly specially provided for me.

The rooms are beautifully decked out with lovely bedding, and they are spotlessly clean. I found the bed a little bit hard but the bedding helped make up for it. There are a few things to note ... one, during summer it gets light early in England and I think all accommodation really needs to have block out curtains ... I could fix this by putting up one of the throws for the bed over the curtain rail, however. I did mention this to Rachel and she immediately got thinking about how she could maybe put up some block out contact on the windows ... typically thoughtful! But there was no need as the throw over the top of the curtains did a fine job.

Another was the sound, the building is purpose-built and unfortunately the walls seem to be very thin as I could easily hear every word of the TV in the room next to me through my bathroom walls and also through the bedroom wall I could hear the TV (but not as clearly) in the room on that side as well. The other guests were all quiet and seemed to get to bed pretty early (like us) so this wasn't really an issue, but it was definitely noticable.

The last thing was the light that came off the ceiling light, presumably this is for Health & Safety some type of fire regulation ... a bright green light shines ALL night, lighting up the room. For someone who needs complete dark to sleep this would have been a big issue, but luckily I travel with sticky tape for precisely this kind of thing so I could stick up a few magazine pages over the light which made the room dark. If I hadn't had the sticky tape I would definitely have been bothered by this light and found it hard to sleep.

These little things are all I can say that is "negative" and I only mention them so you too can take your sticky tape if need be! :o) Because this B&B is otherwise fabulous in every way. Rachel and Rob have lots of regulars that stay there, which I think says it all. And we will stay there again for sure when next back in the UK, so it's a very positive review of this lovely little place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Firstly my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your very kind comments. I am happy to say that some of the issues you pointed out have been resolved, such as black out blinds in the rooms which need them most. Unfortunately there are various things which we can't do an awful lot about. To that end, we do bear in mind the basis on which guests are visiting so try to put people in rooms that will be most suitable. If you do visit again we would be very happy to see you and make sure that all comments would be taken into account. Thank you again for the comments and it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed here for one night - wish it was longer. Peaceful, comfortable beds, lovely farmland and wildlife, delightful rooms and wonderful hosts in Rachel and Rob. Breakfast was well prepared and delicious. We will be returning! Roy and Lynn Poulton.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
What lovely reviews - and what a late response, so sorry for this. Your comments were so kind and can only say how pleased we were with how happy you were to have stayed. It would be a pleasure to see you again and thank you so very much.
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed here for a night in June with my family. Rachel and Rob were incredibly welcoming and helpful. Bedrooms are furnished beautifully with very comfortable beds and top class showers. Breakfast was delicious.
The location is great - near to everything but so quiet and relaxing.
Would love to stay again.
Thank you!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
A very late response to what is a very kind review and lovely comments, my apologies for this as it was so great to see this. And very much appreciated. If you do ever visit the area again it would be a pleasure to have you stay. Apologies again - and thank you too.
Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

I found this place just after it opened. I travel to Bedford for work. it's on a farm, it's quiet, it's lovely. I have stayed here here a number of times and it's a treat. Rachel and Rob are great hosts. Its so peaceful and quiet.... Plenty of pubs and places to eat nearby and guaranteed a goods night sleep....cannot praise it enough

• Stayed May 2012
Rachel S, Manager at The Old Piggery Guest House & Yurts, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Hi Chris, taken me ages but here I am! To thank you for such a lovely review. It's always such a pleasure to see you and thank you also for being such a loyal customer. See you on your next visit, Rachel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haynes
The Knife & Cleaver
#8 of 18 in Bedford
The Woburn Hotel
The Woburn Hotel
#1 of 3 in Woburn

Been to The Old Piggery Guest House & Yurts? Share your experiences!