We have not stayed at the Inn but have eaten at the Terrace Grill several times because of the convenience of taking our boat over and docking at the restaurant. It is beautiful setting on the terrace overlooking the lake. The staff is friendly and the service is good however the food is average at best. The salads are good and they do have a few good small plates and a few good entrees but it is hit and miss. The prime rib is probably the worst prime rib I have ever had in a restaurant and it almost bent the knife trying to cut it. When he complained to the waitress she said another customer had complained of the same thing. It was not edible however we were asked if we wanted to take it with us! Are you kidding! We have also had the chicken wellington and it is very dry and tasteless. The prices for drinks is also confusing and it seems to depend on who your server is. For example, one time my husband ordered a Manhattan on the rocks and was charged $ 4.00. The next time he was charged $4.00 for the Manhattan plus an additional $ 2.00 per drink for the ice. The next time the waiter said they never charged for ice and the Manhattans were $ 4.00. The time after that the waitress said there was a charge of $ 2.00 for the ice so he ordered the Manhattan without ice because $ 2.00 for ice in a drink is ridiculous, and he was charged $ 5.25 for the Manhattan. This seems crazy. You would think the pricing would be the same regardless of who was waiting on you. In the future we will stick to salads and appetizers and forego the entrees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Hospitality. Abundant Relaxation.Discover family owned Bay Pointe Inn on beautiful Gun Lake. An overnight stay in one of our tranquil rooms includes a deluxe breakfast and gorgeous lake views. Find sanctuary at our BoatHouse Villa, our historic dream escape. Our acclaimed Terrace Grille restaurant provides casual dining with fare that is handmade, from scratch - pure and truly delicious. Centrally located, Bay Pointe Inn is 30 minutes from Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo and halfway between Chicago and Detroit. It is the perfect location for hosting your Weekend Escape, Corporate Retreat or Social Event. We invite you to experience “One of Michigan’s Top Resorts”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Hotel.de so you can book your Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant Hotel Shelbyville
- Bay Pointe Inn And Restaurant