“Strange American resort”

Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shelbyville
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed at Bay Pointe for a wedding. For that purpose it was perfect, but I can't really imagine spending my holliday there.

The staff was friendly and service minded, but it was impossible to have lunch at the resort. The bar closed at 10 pm.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank cmedby

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Spent 1 night here for a race at Yankee Springs. Staff was really nice and the facility is nicer that the pictures show. The rooms were quiet and clean and hotel is right on Gun Lake. This would be a fun place to spend the weekend. It has a good location to get the Yankee Springs recreation area and to a lot of other activities in the area.

Room Tip: If I was to stay again, I would pay the extra amount for the lake side rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank moeman1
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I would like to recomend this place to anybody looking for a quiet and gorgous place. Its on Gun Lake in Shelbyville Michigan. Nice rooms and great continental breakfast, made to order omlettes and pleasant staff. Great rates too. We will be returning again, close to Gun Lake Casino if you are the gambling type. If you just want a nice place to get away to this is it.

Room Tip: Pick a lakeside room, great view
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DAVID W
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Spent a couple days here for work. Staff was really great and very accommodating. We traveled here during the slow season so I think staffing was quite reduced. One of my coworkers mentioned it was similar to The Shining after we arrived at the nearly empty Inn.

My one concern is the object I found in my room after checking in. On top of the hutch the TV sat in was an un-smoked cigarette. I decided to take a picture of it to show my wife and then wondered what else was missed or not cleaned before my arrival. I left it there because I was curious about whether or not it would be removed after the next day’s service. It was not. So, nice little Inn but some of the staff are missing the little things that come with a great place. Again, maybe this can be blamed on the slow season, I don’t know.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank bepoore
Reviewed December 18, 2011

My husband and I had a 2008 December, Winter Wedding. We decided to stay somewhat local but still elegant, due to a lack of funds. We booked the jacuzzi and gas fireplace suite, very beautiful and the Winter view of the lake was still gorgeous, off season. We have returned on our Anniversary a few times as well. The hotel restaurant is classy and great for celebrations and elegant meals. Be sure to check restaurant days of operation and hours. The menu is gourmet/ first class dishes. There are not many alternative restaurants in the immediate area, so you may need to pre plan meal choices if not requiring daily elegance.

Room Tip: I would go with the very beautiful and spacious Jacuzzi/ Gas Fireplace Suite. Priced reasonable and...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lori O
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Spent the night for my birthday with my husband. Wonderful place! Loved our room and the staff was very courteous. The room was extremely comfortable and the view was beautiful. Would happily return.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sandyannemac
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We live in the area and use this as a overflow when family comes to visit.. We always have top shelf experience and treated very friendly.. The rooms are consistently clean and comfortable.. They offer seasonal events that we enjoy coming to also.. Dinner at the Terrace Grill is also a treat.. along with breathtaking views of Gun Lake

Room Tip: Lake side rooms and suites are the best.. But for value the rear facing rooms are just as nice you j...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mi-clintz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Comfort Inn
23 mi away
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#7 of 49 in Grand Rapids

Been to Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!