“Continuing my quest to find the best tacos in the Metro Detroit area”
Review of Miguel's Cantina

Miguel's Cantina
Ranked #31 of 158 Restaurants in Shelby Township
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stopped in here for lunch with my fiancee after realizing our favorite Mexican spot was closed for the day. We were told it was authentic by a friend of my mother's, so I figured we'd check it out.

It was a sunny day so the patio was a welcoming spot. We didn't order drinks but they sounded good, albeit a little pricey. They have a pretty standard lunch menu.. I ordered 3 tacos (beef, chicken, and carnitas), she had a cheese and pepper tamale and a chicken enchilada. My tacos were good, the steak and chicken were the best. The carnitas was a little fatty. The beans and rice were really good, and the bite of her tamale I had was good. The chips and salsa were also really delicious.

Service was okay, I've had better, I've had worse. All in all, a good authentic taco... a little more than I'd like to spend on an authentic taco though. I'd go back, but wouldn't be my first choice.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were hungry for Mexican food and had passed by this place a couple of weeks ago so stopped in for lunch and to check it out. The salsa that came with the chips was top notch and you could taste that it had been made fresh. So good in fact that after dinner I had to order 8 oz. to go which I have never done before at a Mexican restaurant. The lunch menu was limited but very reasonably priced, we had a choice of corn or flour tortillas to go with our shrimp fajitas, also no ground beef in their other choices, steak only if you want beef. My wife, usually skips the salsa, leaves the refried beans and rice but everything was fresh and tasty and she did not leave anything on her plate. All in all, a tasty comfortable place to eat. Service was excellent.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Went to dinner at Miguels Saturday evening. Seems the word is out as we had to wait 10 minutes for a table. Word has been traveling as to how great the food and service is. I love that they make the salsa at your table and you can pick how spicy or not spicy you want the salsa to be. The service again was excellent along with the food. I should probably stop reviewing this restaurant so no one else finds out about the restaurant. However, if you're in the area, its defintly worth the stop.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's a really cute place and they do have an outdoor patio (although it's just in parking lot) but their food is just okay. They have a strange guacamole sauce that's nothing like guacamole. It's green but really runny. In addition, the service was slow and not particularly friendly. In my opinion there's much better Mexican restaurants in the area.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Have been to Migel's a few times and for the most part, it has been good. This time, it was a disaster. Waited too long for drinks, did not get salsa until we asked 3 times and then 1.5 hours after arriving, got wrong and cold food.. They appeared to be very short handed and once we spoke with the mgr., he gave us half off the food. Will give them another try, but it will be the last if it is not good.