“Good service but slow”

Steiny's Restaurant and Banquet Hall
Ranked #108 of 157 Restaurants in Shelby Township
Cuisines: American
Description: Steiny's is known for Home Cooked, made from scratch food. On our menu, you will find, hand cut steaks and seafood, pastas, salad and a large variety of gourmet sandwiches. 'Come for the Food, Stay for the Party'!
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I read this restaurant won an award for their bar b q chicken and bar b q sauce. Chicken is my favorite. I was very disappointed at the extremely dry overcooked chicken I received. The sauce was very good but could not save this chicken. My husband ordered a medium sstea and received a well done steak.

1  Thank Dorrie1949
There are newer reviews for Steiny's Restaurant and Banquet Hall

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We finally gave up on this place, even though it had pretty decent food and was convenient to our house. Most of our neighbors have quit going also. And Steiny lives in our neighborhood! Last time we went was on a weekday and there was only one other occupied table, already eating their meal. Server took drink and food order fairly quickly, but we waited 45 minutes for a couple of sandwiches. Once my husband caught her and nicely asked about the food, she went in back and got it, listened to our frustration about waiting so long for what seemed like no reason since the place was empty, and offered to tell the owner. She later came back embarrassed, said the owner wouldn't come out. Just prior to our finishing the owner's wife/manager(?) came out and stopped at the table and asked how everything was, as if she had no idea. When my husband repeated our frustration, she just looked at him blankly, said "I'm sorry you aren't happy", and walked away without waiting for a response. The server looked shocked. At no time were we loud, rude, pushy, etc. We were regulars and they knew us. And we get that couldn't-care-less attitude from her. Well, I couldn't care less either. I now go down the street to another bar that appreciates my business!

1  Thank travelerwithtaste
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick meal, wait 5 mins to be seated another 10 mins for a waitress to take out drink order (they were not busy, so idk what the problem was). She took our order, and brought back a basket of bread and coleslaw. Husband took one bite and said something is wrong with this, I tried it and OMG it's was disgusting! The cabbage was bad, like old!
We nicely told the waitress & she was sorry. Then the owner/manager came out and yelled at us for saying there was something wrong with "her food" she was very very rude! That is not how you treat customers!
I will NEVER go there again!
Food is overpriced for a tavern, and not very good!!

2  Thank P_cmiller928
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We went there for a wedding rehearsal in their banquet facility and the food was excellent and the service and overall attentiveness was fantastic.

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to this place approximate once every few months. The menu has improved a great deal. On our last time there a bartender named Terry made it a pretty bad experience. My wife and I sat down and it only took Terry about a minute to take our drink order. As soon as he dropped off drinks he was gone. Never asked if we were going to eat. After about 5 min I was able to grab his attention. He gave us menus. Then he proceeded to talk with a couple just down the bar for about ten minutes. Finally I flagged him down and told him we were ready to order. He said hold on let me get the other bartender. The other bartender, a female in her 20s or 30s was awesome. Terry seemed very unconcerned with us or what we needed. If we needed a refill, the check, or carry out boxes he would never come over. The other bartender was awesome. Terry who is about 60 either needs to retire or get fired. It was that bad.