“A coupon brought me here... The food will bring me back”

Nick's 22nd Street Steakhouse Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 157 Restaurants in Shelby Township
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I had a $10 off coupon from the Detroit edition of the Entertainment Book. The two prevoius restaurants that I've dined at in this area also had similar coupons. Normally, restaurants that have listings in this coupon book are struggling and looking for new ways to draw customers in (with the coupons), but in this case, my wife and I have found a trifecta of excellent restaurants (all in Tripadvisor's top 5). You can read my reviews of the two other restaurants here on Tripadvisor.

I ordered the Black Angus Bistro Steak on the "specials" menu. My wife had the Parmasan Crusted Chicken. Both meals were excellent. To spend more than $40 for the coupon requirement, we ordered the escargot and two drinks. The escargot was good, but if I didn't have the coupon I wouldn't have ordered it at $8.99.

This place reminds me of the "Lucky's Steakhouse" chain of restaurants in mid-Michigan. Similar prices... you get a lot for your money.

Our waitress, Andrea, did a perfect job and went out of her way to describe in detail the cut of steak and the "done-ness" preparation. One of the best waitresses I've ever met.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Nick's on 22nd Street.

There are newer reviews for Nick's 22nd Street Steakhouse Restaurant

Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband & I went to this restaurant the first time just the 2 of us. We had the BEST server ever! Her name was Diane. She told us history of the place & recommended various dishes. It was a wonderful experience. Since that 1st time we have returned multiple times. Not only just us but we took our son & his family there & also our daughter & her family. We told them it was our favorite place & we just had to share. In addition to regular types of plates they also have some out of the ordinary things on their menu which makes it fun. Like frog legs, escargot, fancy coffee's from the bar & more. My 3 year old grandson tried the escargot & liked it! I HIGHLY recommend the place.

1  Thank danib120
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We come here for crab legs, steak, lamb chops, and saganaki. Great bread and unique cherry butter. Always good.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Nick's is one of those typical local dining institutions that you may be inclined to pass by, unless someone happens to refer you to it. This is how we started going a couple of years ago, and now it is on our list of favorite establishments. The food is always prepared top notch, with a menu that will appeal to any taste. Service is always friendly and accommodating. This is a comfortable environment to dine with family or friends, for any occasion. Had an unusual billing incident, that required meeting with one of the owners - the resolution was immediate and taken care of in a professional manner. Always on our recommended list of places to dine.

1  Thank Greenweenie1
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Expensive. Ordered a rare steak. Came medium well. Service was mediocre at best. Just not impressed for a supposedly decent steak house. Go to outback or Texas Roadhouse instead.

2  Thank Garyonwheels