“Michigan trip”

Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shelby Township
Reviewed January 5, 2013

rooms were clean, spacious and pretty comfy. Staff were friendly. We we're a wedding party, so if it had a bar it would have got 5 out of 5, but the staff were accommodating and let us carry on the celebrations in the lobby (away from other guests rooms).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stay here annually for an event for my husband's employer. To me, little things are important, and the fact that they have upgraded the radios to ones that actually sound decent and pull in a variety of stations definitely added to our enjoyment of the room. There were 4 electrical outlets in the bathroom! I didn't need them this time, but having the extra set is a plus when you are a couple staying for an extended period of time - he can use one set and I can use the other. The in-room microwave came in handy, and the in-room fridge was clean and bigger than the ones I have used in the past - it accommodates 2-liter bottles upright and even had a can dispenser. Room was comfortable, well-lit, and the heating/cooling unit very quickly warmed up our room upon arrival and cooled it down quickly at bedtime. Staff was friendly, breakfast was good, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I picked this hotel because it was close to my where my daughter lives. It's quite a long ways from the airport but it was worth it. It was a very nice room. Clean and roomy. Staff were helpful and nice. Breakfast was okay. I will stay here again when in michigan.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Worst hotel ever the staff don't even clean the rooms I saw for myself my room had dirty sheet bathroom had little hair on the floor it wasn't dust all the way. An So with that said I will never stay at that hotel. They need new cleaning staff an better front desk empolyees. They move slower than some of the smaller hotels an they also need place where kids an grown ups can sit when outside.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank jademel
Charles M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We-my mother, son, husband and myself-have stayed here several times since it was built. Growing up at 23 and Van Dyke it's very convenient for knowing my way around. The staff is always courteous and friendly. Breakfast is great as one expects from Hampton. Breakfast staff was extremely attentive and made sure spills were cleaned up and food was replenished. We will definitely return on all of our trips back "home" to Michigan.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic hotel! Easy access on/off from M-53! Great, fast check in! Funny guys behind the counter! Very friendly! Warm pool and a hot tub that was actually HOT!!! Breakfast was delicious and well stocked! There is a Walmart next door! Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Nice ammenities. Very modern and fresh feeling interior and style. Disappointed with the front desk. We reserved a king room when we made our reservations 2 months before the event and we were assured of a king room. However, we were placed in a queen room that wasn't even ready. We still had to change for the wedding. Went back down stairs and complained that the room wasn't what we paid for nor was ready. They put us in a clean queen room but still disappointed that they couldn't meet our request. Would have liked coupons for another stay or some comps but weren't offered anything.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Utica
Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling He...
#1 of 7 in Sterling Heights

Been to Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township? Share your experiences!