“Consistently Great”

Filippa's Tap & Barrel
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Inspired cuisine 40 years in the making - A statement Filippa's truly lives by. Filippa's is a casual, fine dining establishment, offering a collection of American and Italian cuisine. Executive Chef Rick Hussey is the captain of the culinary ship, serving award-winning creations for his entire career. In our main dinning room, we emphasize friendly, warm, and comfortable. A perfect setting for that inviting business lunch and a casual dinner with friends or that special someone. The Lounge offers ambiance of old-school sophistication and new-school style - perfect for a beer or martini and a late night bite after a movie. When summer hits the stage, Filippa's unveils its one-of-a-kind patio. Landscaped to perfection, the patio offers the amazing Filippa's menu under the stars and warm summer sun. At Filippa's, its all about quality. Our food is sourced from top quality seasonal ingredients, featuring many local and organic specialties. Our wine list is always changing offering a mix of new wines to accompany our signature dishes. We are happy to recommend the perfect wine for your dinner any time.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Check specials in the bar. $5 martinis and half price wine are really good deals. Try the patio in the summer.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went here for the first time Saturday before Labor day. Went early, like about 1:00pm. Nice waitress, a little slow but I think she was the only one there. There were only two other tables, and we did take a few extra minutes to look at the menu, since we've never been there before, so she may have been giving us time. I had the prime rib with fries. The meat had a good herb taste, and I liked it. It was a smaller cut though, and only came in that size. I also finished with the creme brulee....YUM!

Sister had beef medallions, and they were good, my friend had Chicken ceasar salad and lobster bisque....not bad he thought. We could have sat outside, but we didn't. Has a nice atmosphere, like a linen napkin wine place, good for first dates, couples etc. I really liked it and I will be back when I'm in that area.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Pleasant Girls'' Night Out spent for a few hours on the patio enjoying Bloody Marys, Dirty Martinis (great bleu cheese stuffed olives in both) and "Shrimptinis" (lovely shrimp cocktails served in a martini glass). We were well-tended to by our terrific waiter and were not rushed at all.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I joined my friends the other night for two birthday celebrations at Filippa’s. We have enjoyed Filippa’s as a group in the past and this last visit was no exception. Our party ordered the Mardi Gras pasta, Chicken Baci, steak and the pork chops. One of my friends asked our waitress if the kitchen would prepare garlic and oil fettuccini for her. Our attentive waitress seemed the slightest bit hesitant to ask but offered to do so and the kitchen made this dish up for my friend.

At Filippa’s, the service is great, portions are ample and the food is delicious. Having read other reviews, I wonder if some of the diners just caught the staff on a busy night because we’ve never had issues here. This is the kind of restaurant where the staff comes by each table to make sure the diners are pleased.

Entrees come with a choice of a tasty Michigan salad or soup. Meat and fish entrees come with a choice of rice, potatoes, or vegetable of the day. I ordered the pork chops, offered breaded or charbroiled, along with a mixed vegetable medley. I ate one chop and took the other home with me. Portions are ample and cartons are offered if you’d like to take home leftovers. A basket of rolls is provided. They come hot and taste fresh baked.

Filippa’s will provide a complimentary group photo for a birthday celebration and will print additional copies for 2.00 each, providing a nice memory of the occasion. They also brought a cannoli with candle for each of our birthday girls.

I wouldn’t hesitate to return to Filippa’s. We noticed the attractive outdoor seating and mentioned it would be lovely to meet again here when the weather warms up. The wine selection is superb. Bottles were offered at 50% off on the night we were there. We enjoyed a nice Malbec. The restaurant offers a few tables that can seat a larger group. The ambiance is pleasant. You don’t feel penned in and conversation is possible over light music. Filippa’s is a nice place to meet friends or share a celebration. I'm sure we'll return!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was extremely excited to have a girls night with a nice dinner accompanied by some live jazz. I had reservations and only had to wait about 10 minutes which was nice, since the wait without was more than 30 mins. Our server was not wonderful. He brought out our soup and salad prior to our appetizer and we had to ask a couple of times for drink refills. I was not impressed with the entrees at all. We started with the spinach and artichoke dip but have had better (too spinachy). I got the shrimp and scallop mardi gras which I could not stomach. I only had a few bites and set it aside. The manager actually took it off the bill (which was nice!). However, my friend had Seafood St. Jacques and absolutely loved it. For the price per entree I felt I should have been raving about the meal. The entertainment was wonderful and the atmosphere was great. Not worth the price though.