“Phenomenal Food and Drink”

Greenbush Brewing Co.
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Sawyer
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night
Description: 269.277.1091
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Did not expect to find the quality of food or beer in a town as small as Sawyer. We ordered a sample of several beers created in house, all were great and the bonus was excellent food. The BBQ sampler was terrific and enough for two, all of the items ordered by our party of 12 were good, all winners. Service was also good, short wait but not a problem.

There are newer reviews for Greenbush Brewing Co.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We were here at 3pm on a Friday and it was packed. the beer made by Greenbush is excellent. I have had 5 different types in the last month and loved every one of them. The food here is excellent.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband tried a growler several weeks ago that a friend brought back from Greenbush and loved it. We had planned a camping trip to the Dunes and were excited with the proximity to the brewery - he could try more beer! We stopped in on Friday for dinner and were told it was a 1 1/2 hour late and went elsewhere. We stopped back Sunday with two other families about an hour after opening for lunch. I told the hostess our party size, 13/3 families, and that she could split us up and she looked like a deer in headlights - not good. She said it would be about a 20min. wait. Not a problem, everyone ordered a beer and lemonade for the kids. The hostess seated party after party, never talking to us or making any eye contact with us. Looking around at the table she was seating other parties at, we couldn't help but notice combinations she could have done for us. Finally, when a very obvious table combo was given to other parties, I approached her about it (we had been there close to an hour waiting at this point). She finally seemed to start working on our table yet needed the assistance of another employee to do it (not good for a popular brewery - as a hostess, you need to be on it and know how to seat people). One of the families left, frustrated. My husband looked at the list and she seated 12 parties before us that arrived after us. We finally got our table and were happy to eat. Unfortunately, our waitress was exceptionally rude and even argued with my husband over the beer (fruit beer can't be bitter simply because it's a fruit beer, really?!). I ordered drinks for the kids and told them just one pop and then it's water - the waitress immediately said to me, "That's self-serve over there", nodding her head towards the water cooler. My husband attempted to order a beer and simply because of his questions (he wanted to try a beer that wasn't bitter), our waitress refused to help him select the next one he was going to order, saying something along the lines of not being able to deal with it (it's your job, girl, you're a waitress!!!). I ordered drinks for the kids and told them just one pop and then it's water - the waitress immediately said to me, "That's self-serve over there", nodding her head towards the water cooler. She came to our table twice with our drink orders, each time refusing to make eye contact with him. Finally, my husband re-engaged her in the beer conversation and got another beer. Our food came and it was absolutely delicious! Then the check came. Our friends' food and drinks were on our bill. I told our waitress who took the food off but not the drink. I told her, again, to which I got the frustrated face along with a sigh. Our waitress was gone for a long time and when she finally returned, rudely said to me, "I couldn't take it off so I just paid for it", before slapping down the receipt, refusing to look at me. When we left, it was clear the hostess was overwhelmed again (lot's of people waiting along), and the boy was back helping her figure out how to seat people. We were so excited to try this place and so disappointed with our experience. The food is fantastic, beer is ok (some are better, some are worse), and service is beyond poor. We will never be back.

2  Thank Momma A
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Road trip! I drove to Greenbush from Chicago (via 3 Floyds in Munster IN) for a beer...or three. The Tractor (cream ale and not typically my style), 1825 (Belgian strong), Sunspot (hefe), and Dunegras IPA (American IPA) were all great. Brother Benjamin (DIPA) was amazing. The staff was pleasant, and I hear the food is wonderful, too. I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I stopped here after spending that day at the New Buffalo beach. Being beer people we figured we'd give them a try. We went on a Saturday so the place was pretty packed. People in line for growler refills and waiting for a table. We ended up waiting 30 minutes to get a seat which wasn't that bad. We just got a beer from the bar and waited. The beer was pretty good. We just split a BBQ meal which had 3 different meats and was very good. Its nice to see all the people supporting the small craft breweries. They offer a mug club for $60 which gives you a lifetime membership, your own mug which is on the wall at the restaurant, which I believe would be a good deal if you were a local there, but not for us. We will be returning.