“yummy food!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night
Description: 269.277.1091
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stopped by on a Sunday afternoon and the place was packed!! We are not hardcore beer people, but those around us seemed to really enjoy the selection. The food was AWESOME!!! Fresh bread/rolls for the sandwiches really made the meal. We would definitely go back to eat there.

There are newer reviews for Greenbush Brewing Co.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stopped in on a Wednesday evening and the place was jumping.... (can't imagine what Friday nights are like). 30-40 minute wait so sat at bar.
They offer probably 15-20 beers on tap, all made by them. It's quite a selection.
You can order flights, or you can order 6 oz glasses or pints.
Ordered what was their "Lab Beer" which I'm guessing means they haven't committed to it yet. It was called something Elephant, and actually had a curry flavor. Sounds a bit strange but actually very good, certainly different. Also had an apricot cream ale, also very nice.
The food menu is a bit small, but it's certainly unique and very imaginative. Unfortunately they were out of some of the barbecue items. Ordered a smoked stuffed pepper dish that comes out in a small cast iron skillet, and is sitting on a bed of corn bread pudding. Amazing!
Talked to a few people at the bar who came there often and they said that all the food was good. Would like to find out.
The only knock I have is that the service could have been a little better.... wasn't awful, but there were a few times it seemed like we were kind of forgotten.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Right off the highway get gas then he'd 1 mile south! fantastic food Beer and Servers. A warm welcome awaits in the small town of sawyer. Limited parking but definitely find a spot you will not be disappointed.
The beer selection is great have not had a bad meal, server, or Beer.

My wife recorded the news 8 review I watched then stopped immediately, joined the mug club bought a growler! 1 month later decided to have a lunch date with my wife. Now it's a regular stop going and/or coming from Chicago. If you need gas then exit 12 Is the exit! Feed the tank and your bellies sure to be satisfied.

Thanks GreenBush!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is a very popular place with reason. Casual dining with a surprisingly interesting menu of well prepared food. Was there for an early Friday night dinner. They have indoor and outdoor seating. I ordered a cucumber salad that wasn't what I expected--much better. Also had a nice Mac n Cheese. Husband had BBQ sampler plate--very generous portions of great pulled pork and beef. Cheerfully noisy, not a place for a quiet conversation, at least at popular times. Believe it's open year-round unlike some of the other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am an avid craft beer fan and had my taste buds set on visiting Greenbush Brewing in Sawyer, MI. I had heard several good things about the place and well I just had to see for myself. A friend and I visited for lunch on a Friday where the weather was just about perfect. With that said, sawyer is not far from the beach and the place was very busy. We found 2 seats right at the end of the bar and we gladly took those as it was a 45 min wait (Yes a 45 min wait for lunch).

The reason I gave GB 4 stars is because we sat at the bar for 20 min and NO one helped us. There was 3 bartenders and 2 bar backs that I counted. We had to flag down one of the bartenders to help us. His comment was "So, nobody has helped you?" when I told him that we had been sitting there for 20 min. That was the only bad thing we endured during this visit.

Our new found bartender took great care of us. I ordered a couple 6 oz tastings to sample. They got rid of the flights. Apparently people were stealing these glasses. They had 3 different levels of beer based on prices. I only samples from the 2 lower flights. The beer was all good. I like my beer cold and some of them could of been colder. Overall, the beer is above average and I would have to say the line for filling growlers was constant (That kept 1 of the 3 bartenders really busy. I have a feeling he was suppose to be waiting on us).

I order one of their sandwiches "The Cubano" with my side being the potato salad. So, at 10pm that evening I said to my friend (who also at the Cubano) are you hungry yet??? 9 hours later and we still was not hungry. The sandwich was pretty good. I am not sure why we never got hungry for dinner. Bottom line is the sandwich was really good and it sticks with ya. The prices a bit above average ($8.50). I think the price is acceptable as long as the quality of food remains the same or better.

Overall, it feels like a beer joint from the past where the bartenders are slinging beers left and right and the crowd is having a good time chatting and taking in the savory tastes of beer.

If you like craft beers and excellent food, you need to stop by. The one thing I wished it did have is a few more TV's scattered around for the avid sports fan.