“A Very Good Average Lunch”
Review of Fitzgerald's - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

A well known eating establishment that has good cooking, but really not very special. The spinach fritters could have been warmer and had the covering cheese melted rather than cold.. The fish and chips were pleasing with lightly battered cod. We experienced a very long time between appetizers and main dish at lunch. Full bar service. Considering its reputation I was sort of disappointed though not displeased.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Food was ok only... tried fish and chips, their special lobster mac and cheese, spicy catfish sandwich, etc. I'll agree with other reviewers who state that the mac and cheese on both the lobster mac as well as the kids mac was simply dry. No sauce whatsoever.
The service was a disappointment. I asked for catsup and small containers were brought out - but not enough for all who had fries. I asked for two more and one was brought to the person who didn't have one... ONE. We're talking SMALL containers. I've never before felt that I was being rationed at a restaurant... especially for catsup. Had to ask for more water and not from waitress since she wasn't around. I always leave a 20%+ tip. Could barely bring myself to tip 15%. They have a good beer selection and passable food, but if you stop in, I hope you get better service.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Food was barely ok. Our French onion soup was a bowl full of onions with a tablespoon of broth. Must have been scraping the bottom of the pot. My macaroni loving daughter wouldn't finish her Mac and cheese which is really rare for her. The pot roast was decent, the fish and chips tolerable. The service was good and the atmosphere was neat but the food just wasn't worth the money spent. I have no problem paying for good food, i just hate overpaying for mediocre food.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was a pleasant surprise. The wine & beer selection is great (they're next door to Greenbush Brewing too) . We had the below specials that were AMAZING:

Bouillabaisse~Fresh PEI Mussels, Littleneck Clams, Cod and Shrimp simmered in a Pernod and Saffron Broth served with Roasted Red Pepper Rouille and Toasted Baguette

The 14oz French Bone In Pork Chop Grilled and served with Fresh Michigan Peach and Cherry Bomb Chutney.

They showed great black & white movies, had fabulous local art, and the back patio is their "Jackie's Tacos & Margaritas" area. A very fun tip of the hat to Jackie O.

We'll be back!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were in town to check out the Sawyer Garden Center and stopped by Fitzgerald's for a quick lunch. I had heard it was a nice place and great food. We only had lunch but it was very good and the wait staff was very pleasant and helpful. Next time I go I'd like to go in the evening for dinner and try out their dinner menu.