“Food does not warrant change in prices”
Review of Fitzgerald's - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We went to Fitzgerald's on Oct. 8, 2011. The place had only a few tables full and a handful of people at the bar. We were seated immediately. The server brought some menus right away and took our drink orders. I would say the atmosphere was very pleasant and decor was fun with Halloween decos. The pulled pork sandwich was very good since it came with a sauce you could dip into and the curry cole slaw and fries were also very good. My brother ordered the burger and said it was just average. I would come back again if the prices weren't so high. We were here last year and the prices were lower then so there must have been a change in ownership. $11 for a burger without cheese is ridiculous. I have paid less on Michigan Avenue, Chicago.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

Stopped in to have lunch on a nice fall day. Restaurant was not too crowded, was greeted at the door by a very rude man who immediately told us we'd have to wait 30 minutes because the kitchen had to catch up. I was ok with this until he told us we couldn't even see a menu nor would he seat us! Told us to go stand by the bar: even though there were tables. He didn't want our business that's for sure!

Reviewed August 1, 2011

The lady and I had an early dinner at Fitzgerald's on Friday, July 29. We were seated out on the patio. Tired after a drive from Chicago in heavy traffic, I was hungry, and enjoyed the smoked chicken. The portion was generous.
My only complaints, minor ones, were that the menu promised potatoes Anna, but the chicken was plated with hash browns. Potato portion was small, but tasty, and the chicken serving was very generous. A casual meal and a casual pub atmosphere, but very satisfactory.
Our waitperson was a gracious lady, attentive, cheerful, and did an excellent job. She made everything more enjoyable.
Food served to other diners seated nearby looked good also. The fish and chips was a generous portion, and service was generally prompt. Fitzgerald's is not worthy of a special trip or detour, but certainly struck me as a nice find if one is nearby and hungry. I would return, confident that the food, service, and overall experience would be informal, but satisfactory, a good value, and most enjoyable.

Reviewed October 24, 2010

Dined here with a couple friends. We were the only people in the restaurant and it still took over an hour to get our food. Our server was incredibly rude and the food had no flavor. It looks promising but is NOT worth your money!

Reviewed October 10, 2010

We have eaten at this restaurant probably 3 or 4 times since it opened. While they do basics very well (such as burgers) the higher priced steak and fish entrees are not worth the money. The place has a northwoods supper club feel to it and the people are friendly enough. The tables are very close together though and the restaurant gets very noisy fast. I don't know if bad service is endemic in this area (same is true at Soe), but the servers always appear to be frantic.

1  Thank MomRocco