“Serious thought has been put into this tranquil atmospere!”
Review of Rabbit Run Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sawyer
Rabbit Run Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sawyer B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I had an amazing stay! The hosts were the perfect mixture of accommodating while respecting my privacy and allowing me to decompress. They gave recommendations of local restaurants, beaches, and antique shops at check-in. They provided a brief tour of the grounds and room and then retreated back to their home. The room and grounds were clean, up-to-date, and unbelievably comfortable. I would highly recommend this inn!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed March 17, 2009

We stayed at the Rabbit Run Inn, in Sawyer, Michigan, and were delighted with the place. The rooms are modern, elegant, and spotless. I think the inn just opened this year, and the owners are rightly proud of what they offer. It's in a secluded area, close to the lovely beaches of Lake Michigan, state parks, wineries, good restaurants, etc. And the owners were very helpful in suggesting places to go. The rooms, which are spacious, all have little porches with a lovely view of the large yard and a koi pond. Just when we thought things couldn't get better, we learned that the owner brings a basket of delicious scones in the mornings, and there's juice, water, cream, and butter in the refrig and a coffee machine that makes regular coffee and espresso (all provided), plus an assortment of teas. For us, the dedication to being green was one of the reasons we picked this inn. See their website, where we learned about their interest in environmentalism. Also, my husband likes privacy and feels a bit uncomfortable walking into someone's house and going upstairs. So he especially appreciated the fact that the rooms all have their own entrances. If you have time, ask the owners to see their kitchen, which is large, spacious, and well equipped. We willl definitely be back there. Highly recommended. Make that VERY highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2008

Linda Jo and Rodney saved the weekend for us. We were originally set to stay at a place down the road which upon check we found it to be bad condition. So there we were at 10:00 at night, laptop in hand, we began a desperate and last minute search for a place where we weren't afraid of sitting on the bid. Enter Rabbit Run Inn. The hosts were understanding and welcoming and quickly prepared for our last minute room reservation. It was like a dream: Clean, new, modern, kind hosts, a bottle of wine, a wedge of brie and quite possibly the most comfortable bed I've EVER slept upon. The next morning we were greeted by freshly baked muffins, freshly squeezed OJ and the Chicago Trib at our door. And if that wasn't enough, Linda Jo happily supplied us with a number of restaurant recommendations and showed great interest in our having a successful and relaxing vacation. And... piece de resistance - they live with 3 of the greatest dogs we've ever met. Rabbit Run Inn is a don't miss Inn in SW Michigan.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2008

My fiance took me to the Rabbit Run Inn for a surprise birthday getaway. I couldn't have been more delighted! Although we enjoy staying at B&Bs, we have sometimes found ourselves at places with outdated decor, no amenities, etc. This was certainly not the case at the Rabbit Run Inn!

The Inn itself is pretty much brand new and we truly enjoyed all the attention to detail that went into outfitting the guest room (fresh fruit, cheese and wine basket in room at arrival, beach towels in closet, espresso machine with all the fixings, iPod dock, flat screen TV, etc).

The property at the Inn is tranquil and relaxing, we sat out on back deck enjoying wine and cheese pretty much every night we were there. The innkeepers (Linda Jo and Rodney) were very accommodating and were able to provide us with everything we needed to make our stay more enjoyable (bicycles to ride, beach chairs, etc.).

Although Sawyer is certainly not a thriving metropolis, we did not lack for things to do and enjoyed poking around the antique shops and visiting the local wineries. There was even some night life in New Buffalo! Overall, I would highly recommend the Rabbit Run Inn for a fun and romantic weekend (or longer) trip!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2008

Rabbit Run is a very small, quaint little inn that is very new and needs to work out a few kinks. While it is very clean and nicely decorated I'd like to offer a bit of constructive criticsim. I feel we are qualified to do this not only based on our extensive travel experiences but also what we do for a living. I am an interior designer and my husband is the VP of Arch & Design for a major hotel company. Small things can make a huge difference. There needs to be some kind of shower caddy in the shower/tub. There is no place to put the soap/shampoo,etc. There were no q-tips/cotton swabs,etc. There are no rugs or mats at either doorway so you constantly track in dirt and sand. They bring a small snack (breakfast) and newspaper to your door every morning. We stayed 3 nights and received the exact same b'fast each and every morning. I found this unexceptable besides the exact same thing they weren't very good at all. We went down the road to a fabulous coffee house with all homemade exceptional pastries (The Lark). A small bench or even a luggage rack would be very helpful as well as more detailed information on local restaurants and nearby sites & beaches. On a more positive note, the owners are very nice & helpful, they have terrific dogs, and they seem to be trying hard and I am sure will be a success.

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank jlh67
Reviewed August 1, 2008

Staying at the Rabbit Run Inn made our annual trip from Indianapolis to southwestern Michigan especially memorable this year. My husband and I, along with our 17-year-old daughter, found this brand new inn to be quite lovely, inviting and comfortable. It is sweetly nestled into nature among the trees along the Red Arrow Highway just minutes south of Warren Dunes State Park. The owners and innkeepers, Linda Jo and Rodney Clough, made us feel very welcome and comfortable from the very first day (we stayed five days but wished it could have been longer!). The inn is extremely convenient to Warren Dunes Beach which we have enjoyed visiting since our children were very young. Upon our arrival, the owners graciously showed us around their wonderful home and introduced us to their sweet, well-behaved trio of dogs – Teddy, LuLu, and Annabelle. When we entered our upstairs suite, we were greeted with a welcome basket, local wine, and a beautifully designed room with our privacy and comfort in mind.

Linda Jo and Rodney also offered us a list of activities and restaurants in the surrounding area. We took in a visit to nearby Tabor Hill Winery and Restaurant (excellent), stocked up on some local wines, picked blueberries just down the road to take home with us, enjoyed several nearby restaurants including Soe’s (excellent dinners and you must try the desserts!) and enjoyed the peaceful setting of the inn from our deck after a day at the beach. We also took in a college tour for our daughter in Grand Rapids and really appreciated returning to our beautiful, clean and thoughtfully prepared room at the end of a long day. The inn has two gazebos which offer a great spot to read your favorite book or play cards. Each morning we sat on our balcony and viewed the pond out back as we savored the delicious coffee and pastries left at our door by our kind hosts.

Before our departure, we were already talking about how much some of our extended family and friends would enjoy a getaway at this inn. We certainly look forward to our next visit! It’s one more reason why we like Michigan so much.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank indy-04
Reviewed June 10, 2008

My husband and I decided to take a weekend trip to Michigan to visit
the wineries and browse the antique shops. I came upon the web site for the Rabbit Run Inn. Because the inn had just opened, and I liked the decor of the rooms, I decided to book our 2 night stay there. I am so glad that I did. The owners, Linda Jo and Rodney ere so willing to help with anything to make our stay enjoyable, yet gave us the privacy that we had desired. Our room was soooo clean and comfortable and tastefully decorated. There was a nice bottle of wine waiting for us, along with a personal note from the owners(nice touch). Our fridge was stocked with fruit, orange juice, water, cheese and crackers. There was an espresso/coffee maker in our room with coffees, teas, etc...
In the morning we has scones and muffins waiting outside our door delivered by a local bakery. It was so relaxing to sit on our balcony in the morning with our coffee and look out at the pond and trees. I could go on and on... We are already recommending the place to our friends and look forward to returning !

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sawyer
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph
#1 of 1 in Harbert
Super 8 Sawyer MI
Super 8 Sawyer MI
#1 of 1 in Sawyer

Been to Rabbit Run Inn? Share your experiences!