I have stayed at this HIE several times on visits to the U.P., and it is my favorite. A great view of the International Bridge, tasty breakfast in a well-stocked and clean room, a staff always willing to be helpful, etc. No other hotels are nearby and it isn't on a busy highway, so this place is extremely quiet. I have had two issues with shower heads making squeaky noises, and both times things were taken care of the same day. For not much more money, I suggest upgrading to the two-room suite. It has an in-room jacuzzi, two televisions, a sofa, work desk, fridge and microwave, and during my times there, I have always been placed at the end of a hallway, meaning it is extra quiet. One more nice thing--one trip had me staying there one night and then crossing over the border to take the train trip to Hearst, Ontario. Four days later I was coming back and then staying for a week or so back at the HEI. Rather than having to take all of my belongings across the border through Customs, I was allowed to stash everything I didn't need in a room and picked them up when I returned. Also, the manager upgraded my on my one-night stay to a nicer room at no additional charge. These people couldn't be nicer. Sault Ste. Marie is my favorite vacation spot, and I have 10 nights booked at this hotel this summer. I can't wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just steps form Lake Superior State University, minutes from the Soo Locks, and St. Mary s river let Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan fulfill all your lodging needs. You can relax knowing we offer a broad range of services and amenities featuring our Express Start Breakfast Bar. Our large elegant lobby features a library with a relaxing sitting area where you can read in front of our exquisite fireplace. For the recreationally inclined, we offer an on site fitness room with modern equipment, as well as a heated indoor Pool and Spa. We are located within miles of DonDee Bowling Lanes, Agawa Canon Train Tours, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, and only 20 minutes from Chippewa County International Airport (CIU). We are delighted to provide you with exceptional service while you savor the historical Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie Hotel Sault Sainte Marie
- Holiday Inn Sault Sainte Marie
- Sault Sainte Marie Holiday Inn