“Huge portions!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped here because of TA reviews. Honestly I wasn't as impressed as the reviews led me to believe I would be but I am glad we stopped here. The instant you pull in a waitress is at your window. They basically run back and forth from cars to the kitchen. Our waitress was very kind and helpful with what to order. All the adults ordered cheeseburgers with varying toppings and split one order of onion rings and one order of fries between 4 adults and 2 children (per other reviews on serving size). We found the burgers to be very good, but not to die for. They are definitely messy (in a good way). The shakes and malts were very good as well. The prices are terrific for the portions! We at first thought our order was wrong as my son ordered a hot dog and there were no wrapped hot dog buns in our bag. We then realized they had put slits in the hot dog so it curled into a ring and was on a hamburger bun. My 4 year old thought that was the coolest thing, and it was very tasty. There isn't much for seating if you don't want to eat in your car so we drove to a local park and had a picnic, which was nice. The shakes and malts were very good as well. I would definitely eat here again for a cheap, huge, tasty burger if I find myself in the area.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The West Pier Drive-In is surprising in many ways. To get there, you have to make your way under the international highway and railway bridges, which cross over the Soo Locks. When you see it, you will not be impressed and wonder if maybe you should turn around. BUT, DO NOT LEAVE. As soon as you pull into the gravel parking lot, you will be greeted by your server who will take your order. When your food arrives, you will find that it is fresh, hot and very tasty. I had the cheeseburger, which was thick, juicy, perfectly cooked and large enough to share. Their shakes and malts are made with real ice cream and are very satisfying. This is classic drive-in food that has been prepared very well. It is certainly worth a visit any time you are in the Soo.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Drove past it once (go under the small bridge that's under the big bridge....turnoff is on the Portage ST curve near the West Pier condos) but found it immediately once we turned off the main road. Service was fast and food portions were enormous. Burger was tasty, sloppy, and easily half pound very thick patties. Bacon burger has good thick cut bacon. Onion rings were real good, fries were okay. Enough food for two people with normal appetites to split a burger and fries. Not the best burger I've had but still tasty and perfectly cooked for it's size.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

What can I say... Great burger! Very fun! You pull up, they come to you just like the old drive ins that don't exist much anymore. The burgers are absolutely huge and are of great quality. The waitstaff run their buts off and are very pleasant and efficient.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

There is a reason this place is #1. The burgers are amazing! If you're in town craving burgers and fries this is the place to go. Ordered our food and took it down to watch ships come in. Next time we are trying the onion rings and pickles that come highly recommended too. They only take cash, so make sure you have some on you - you will not regret it!!