“Lots of locally hype big let down.”
Review of West Pier Drive-in

West Pier Drive-in
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Escanaba, Michigan, United States
“Lots of locally hype big let down.”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

After hearing about how good the bugers were at this place I decided to give it a try. I went there thinking I would be getting the best buger I have ever had. Needless to say I was let down. The buger was big, however it was dry and not much flavor.

On the plus side it is some what of a old car hop style witch was neat.

Visited April 2011

Brimley, Michigan
“The BEST Burgers”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

This place serves the most amazing burgers and fries...just like those of yesteryear. They do not skimp on anything. Burgers are thick and tasty, everything a burger should be and the service is fantastic. I can't say enough great things about the quality and price of their food.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Anita D
“FABULOUS!”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

the food was phenomenal and the service was fantastic! I love drive ins and even more when they have fried pickles! The prices aren't super cheap but it's so worth it! The girl came to my car rather quickly and waas extremely friendly, she took my order and my food was up within five minutes! It's was super hot and amazing. Far more than I could ever eat, you definitely want to bring someone with to share.

1 Thank barbie_kookookachoo
Petoskey, Michigan
“You gotta go to West Pier Drive-in at least once in your life!!”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We were on our way to Ontario and stopped in at West Pier. Because we'd read the reviews, we knew we were in for serious sloppiness, so we bellied up to one of the five stools at counter (by the way...the only indoor seating at West Pier). We were entertained by watching the ladies make the burgers, subs, shakes and fried goodness - deep fried pickles, cauliflower & onion rings.

Let me just say about the burgers - OMG! 1/2 lb. Patty, mine with lettuce,onion,tomato and mayo, plus cheese was totally moist, flavorful. I couldn't even finish it, but made a valiant effort. Onion rings easily serve two, shake was great too.

Lots of folks kept stopping in to pick up take out orders and a steady stream of people pulling up and dining ala automobile. Too bad they close for the season so early (Sept. 24th this year). We'll be back wearing our elastic waist pants!

2 Thank dre51
Milwaukee, WI
“Hall of Fame burger.”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

If you're looking for a world class burger, this is your place. It's also cool that it happens to be a drive-in. You find a lot of places that claim to have a great burger, but this place delivers, big time.

On a previous trip, we had parked WAY across the parking lot until our son woke up, and they came all the way over to take our order.

For non-local people, you find this place by following the Soo Locks as they head out to Lake Superior. It'll be on your left. FYI - Folks with rigs that can't fit under an 9 foot railroad bridge need to be careful and go around the other way.

• Visited July 2011