“Quiet, quaint, pleasant ambience with good food.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Karl's Cuisine Winery & Brewery

Karl's Cuisine Winery & Brewery
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Karl's Cuisine is a full-service restaurant, winery, brewery and catering company, in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan with a spectacular view of the Sault Locks. Whether seated inside or outside on the upper deck at Karl's Cuisine Café, enjoy delicious, fresh, and wholesome luncheon and dinner meals in a casual, comfortable atmosphere. Sample our house-made Superior Coast wines and craft brews. Unique and delectable collections are offered at Karl's Cuisine, choose a favorite to accent your lunch or dinner. Need a special meal, corporate lunch or business meeting? Karl's Cuisine Catering offers signature dishes from simple to spectacular.
Traverse City, Michigan
“Quiet, quaint, pleasant ambience with good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

We enjoyed great wine. Fresh whitefish and salmon. Tim was an excellent server. Would highly recommend.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Kimberly S

“Excellent food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We enjoy going to Karl's. Definitely the freshest food in the area and a wide variety of choices. Our only complaint we would have, is we tend to go out for dinner around 8:00-8:30 due to our work schedule and we like to work out after work. Karl's won't sit people after 8:00 pm. Bummer. The summer when the days are longer, they still are not open any later.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Caribmom6626
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
“Variety of Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

This restaurant has a good following from the locals. The menu is mixed and most items are home made. They have a nice selection of wine made by the restaurant at a reasonable price.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank LindaH1946
Grandville, Michigan
“Wonderful surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Karl's was recommended to us. We are so happy we followed the suggestion. We were treated to a fine dining experience. My husband's Whitefish dinner was one of the best he ever had. He loves seafood and was very impressed with the flavor, serving size and presentation. I wanted a Beef Pasty since I was in the U.P. It was delicious. I took half of it home and had a delicious lunch a few days later. Our server, Tim, did an excellent job, he was very friendly and informative. I followed his suggestion and had the bread pudding. It was fantastic! We will return to Karl's every time we visit our granddaughter who has made the SOO her new home. There are so many menu items I want to try.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Laughgram
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Surprised by this find, and can't wait to go back.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Sault Ste. Marie has become a yearly destination, and we've tried almost every restaurant there, except for Karl’s. My traveling companion remembered it as sandwich type of shop attached to the neighboring mini-golf place so we usually just pass it by. This time, when he said, where I wanted to have lunch, I suggested we try Karl's. It seems we chose a winner because we ended up making 3 visits within 2 days.

All of our visits were at off times, so we were lucky enough to get a window seat to watch ships go by. It was still pretty steady at these off times, so I imagine peak times might involve a wait, and the inside isn't huge.

Our first visit was for lunch, and we were lucky enough to go on pumpkin soup day. My traveling companion ordered this as a starter to his sandwich, and I couldn't get enough spoonful’s of it. I should have ordered my own, but my Stromboli showed up and I knew I would have plenty to eat without the soup. It was nicely filled with cheese and meat, and the crust was substantial enough without being doughy. My companion ordered a pasty, and this was equally delicious. I’m happy to say there are no fryers at Karl’s so lunch came with a blend of veggie chips & kettle potato chips; a side of pasta salad also came along with our lunch. We were so full from lunch that the dessert tray, while very very appealing, wasn't feasible. We decided right there, that we’d skip dinner and come back for dessert that evening, and we did. A slice of pumpkin cake and another cup of pumpkin soup for my companion; turtle cheesecake and coffee for me. We were not disappointed!
We went back for lunch the next day, and tried a couple of their signature sandwiches and once again we left happy and full.

The service is excellent. Every person we interacted there was genuinely friendly, no fake smiles or disgruntled workers that I could see. Karl’s’ also has a winery, so I picked up a bottle of their ice wine to take home. Note to ice wine drinkers, you know how pricey this can be, Karl’s is a deal at $19.00 a bottle!

• Visited October 2013