“Good food at Karl's Cuisine”

Karl's Cuisine, Winery & Brewery
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Karl's Cuisine is a full-service restaurant, winery, brewery and catering company, in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan with a spectacular view of the Sault Locks. Whether seated inside or outside on the upper deck at Karl's Cuisine Café, enjoy delicious, fresh, and wholesome luncheon and dinner meals in a casual, comfortable atmosphere. Sample our house-made Superior Coast wines and craft brews. Unique and delectable collections are offered at Karl's Cuisine, choose a favorite to accent your lunch or dinner. Need a special meal, corporate lunch or business meeting? Karl's Cuisine Catering offers signature dishes from simple to spectacular.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had dinner here on Wednesday night and the food was very good/excellent. We both had pasta dishes. The chicken scallopini was excellent and Pasta Bolognese was very good. Wine was very good and waiters were very professional and helpful. Definitely worth the visit.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our waiter was a friendly outgoing kid. Very good service and suggestions. Had burger and pasty. Both good. White wines were good. No complaints. Would eat here again.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had lunch here today and I was so impressed, so affordable; delicious and great service. I love non-chain restaurants that support locally grown produce, etc., and this met the mark. My husband & I shared the Chicken Salad plate and the Chicken Pastie. His was so good he forgot to share! I did get a couple bites and my pastie was too big for me, so it worked out perfectly. Of course, I didn't want dessert, but the Italian Wedding cake was fabulous looking and we couldn't resist. That and coffee and each a glass of their own wine; it couldn't have been any better. Highly recommend, would love one of these in my neighborhood, I would be a regular! Our server was fabulous, don't recall her name but she drives 30 miles to work and has a daughter going to college this next year.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The food is okay, nothing special, I'm sure it wows the local yokels but if you're accustomed to sophisticated flavors you'll be disappointed. The wine is AWFUL, on par with wino ripple. The most disturbing / entertaining part of my visit was the LOUD catty gossip clearly audible from the waitresses. It's like I was back in high school. As soon as customers left, they would be mocking them and making faces. Truly a "wart of the north"

2  Thank Dan D
kcuisinecw, Owner at Karl's Cuisine, Winery & Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

We find it hard to believe you actually came to our restaurant. Are you sure you visited the right place? As you can see we have 99% positive reviews about our wait staff, wine and food. Most of the reviews are from people all over the country with very few from our awesome locals.
We hold to very high standards, it's even in our handbook policies that gossip and drama are not permitted. We can honestly say as owners and our management that it is not tolerated. We are sorry if you were truly victim to something that is rare and mostly non-existent. Infact, we lost an employee after three days of work who would not follow our policies in this area. That's how seriously we take this issue.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Service was exceptional from the moment we walked in. They offer a very diverse menu. We were very pleased with their "special of the day" our main entree, Cranberry stuffed pork loin was delicious. Everything was cooked to perfection. Fantastic cup of coffee that was never ending complimented the caramel bread pudding for dessert! We will definitely add Karl's Cuisine to our list of must stop places when it comes to a great meal.