“Great!”

Karl's Cuisine, Winery & Brewery
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Karl's Cuisine is a full-service restaurant, winery, brewery and catering company, in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan with a spectacular view of the Sault Locks. Whether seated inside or outside on the upper deck at Karl's Cuisine Café, enjoy delicious, fresh, and wholesome luncheon and dinner meals in a casual, comfortable atmosphere. Sample our house-made Superior Coast wines and craft brews. Unique and delectable collections are offered at Karl's Cuisine, choose a favorite to accent your lunch or dinner. Need a special meal, corporate lunch or business meeting? Karl's Cuisine Catering offers signature dishes from simple to spectacular.
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
“Great!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

great fresh amazing food. wonderful desserts and coffee. If you want upper class eating without spending the high $$ go here. Seriously a must try!

Visited July 2013

Big Lake, Minnesota
“Best family meal out in a long time!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Originally were going to Antlers per my dad's request, but the wait was 45 minutes and the kids were crabby with hunger. I called Karl's Cuisine (because of TA reviews) and they said a table for 6 was opening up and they would hold it for us as we drove over. We were immediately seated on arrival. The place might not look like much from outside, but it is pleasant inside. The service was terrific; very attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. My mom ordered a pasty and was impressed (she is a pasty maker herself). My 3 and 4 year old split a pasty, and devoured it. My dad had the pork sandwich and raved about it. My wife had the Bolognese and said it was better than the Bolognese that we made all day in cooking class in Tuscany! I had the buffalo chicken Stromboli and I was very impressed (could have been a little bigger though, all the other dishes were larger portions). My parents and wife talked about this place for the remaining 4 days of our vacation. I wish I had more time to further explore their menu. All the tables around us were also raving to their servers about the quality of the meals. We didn't have room, but the desserts looked amazing!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank SkolVikings
Mukilteo, Washington
“Pasty Paradise!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Having traveled to UK and sampled real pasties, I was somewhat reluctant to sample the UP variety...until I tried Karl's - OMG!!! This was the BEST PASTY I have ever had! It was gargantuan in size - took up half of a large dinner plate. The crust was clearly handled by an expert - crisp and flakey both on top and bottom and baked golden brown - with a little bit of browning along the edges. They interior was filled with a fragrant, savory mix of beef, carrots, potatoes and turnip(?). Every bite was a delight! My husband and I shared it and it was plenty for us both. Ironically, we had stayed at the Grand Hotel earlier - loved the food there as well but truthfully, Karl's pasty was the outstanding food highlight and surprise from this wonderful trip!

• Visited August 2013
“Didn't expect supurb in the UP!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

After traveling around the upper peninsula of Michigan for a week we found Karl's Cuisine. What a wonderful experience! Both of the evening's specials were fabulous. The seafood Mac and cheese and the roasted stuffed pork loin were well prepared and delicious. The atmosphere was relaxing and the homemade wine excellent. Dinner concluded with apple / cherry cobbler.   When you go, be sure to share your comments with the chef, he appreciates the feedback.

• Visited August 2013
Medina, Ohio
“Good dinner choice”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This restaurant is a little more upscale than the rest of the choices. The food was very good, and the service was friendly and prompt. The local wines were very good.

Visited August 2013