“Wonderful Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Milton, Florida, United States
“Wonderful Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I and our two cats spent 7 days in this motel while we were visiting in the Soo. Our service couldn't have been better. The housekeeping staff went out of their way to accomodate us, the room was large, comfortable, and clean. We look forward to staying at this motel during our next trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maggie L, General Manager at Days Inn Sault Ste Marie MI, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for the compliments! Glad you all enjoyed your stay and we looked forward to seeing you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
LAKE BLUFF
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We experienced a problem that was not resolved. We had two adjoining rooms, but the doors would not open so that we could have access between the rooms. We reported the problem at about 6:00 pm and were told that the problem would be fixed that evening. Nothing was done so we were not able to enjoy the access between two rooms. One of the reason that we chose this particular Days Inn was to have adjoining rooms.

When I wanted to resolve the problem the morning we checked out, the clerk said that there was nothing she could do and would not do anything until the manager came in about an hour later. I didn't particularly want to stay an additional hour.

Not a happy camper.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I'm sorry no one at the front desk offered to move you to another set of ajoining rooms. Usually that's what we do offer to move you if we can if your unhappy with your room and or call or get one of the maintenance men up to the room to try and fix the issue as soon as possible. You can always ask for a manager if the matter isn't being handled either sorry for any inconviences this may have caused.
Clio,MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

The price for the two days I was there was a solid forty percent less than the other motels in the area combined with the amenities made for a really great value to me. I am not big into "decor" so I won't comment on "outdated decor" as I didn't notice that really. What I look for as important in an economical hotel (rather than a four star resort) is cleanliness and this Days Inn has that. I arrived late, almost midnight on a Sunday night, but the guy at the front desk was friendly and efficient. He told me if I needed anything he was there until morning. The room was of good size and contained two desks and three chairs (I booked a two queen, non-smoking room) which is more than even the upscale hotels I stay at provide. One of the desks had both a electrical jack and wired ethernet jack right on the desk. The other was empty which made it natural to use the one for work and the other for eating.The wireless internet doesn't require a password and has decent speed. As it also had a refrigerator and microwave you don't have to eat out all the time. Families should appreciate that savings. The bed was firm and very comfortable. There was a key operated floor safe for valuables right as you enter the room along with a full length mirror on the opposite wall. I prefer this both because you can check out your entire body, but you can get up close to shave and such. It had a sink/vanity/mirror station beside the closet instead of in the bathroom. I prefer this set up as someone can still shave, wash up, primp, etc. while someone is using the bathroom or taking a bath/shower. The Shower has a multi-spray head and the water pressure was very good and the temperature was simple to regulate and could be turned more than hot enough for anyone. The towel rack was within reach of the bathtub (I don't get when they put the towel rack out of reach of the bathtub or shower). The bathtub/shower has one of those externally curved curtain rods to give you more elbow room in the shower. The tub was relatively shallow, but I prefer showers anyway and the pebble finish of the tub was a nice safety feature to avoid slips and falls. The bathroom is vented. It had an older style 4:3 tube television with a decent choice of cable channels. It is located right off the main drag a half mile off the I-75 Spur. There are plenty of fast food and several sit down restaurants within walking or short driving range and a Walmart within a couple of blocks. I didn't use the pool or hot tub, but the room smelled reasonable and the kids and parents I saw playing there seemed satisfied with both. I also did not take advantage of the continental breakfast so cannot comment on that. Again, the motel and room were very clean, the bed was comfortable, it has all the basic amenities and the economy and convenience of a refrigerator and microwave in the room, it's location is convenient to both the town and expressway and the price was really reasonable. This WILL be the hotel I will stay at for any future visits to the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maggie L, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Sault Ste Marie MI, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for all of the great compliments and we look forward to having you stay with us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sault Ste. Marie
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#13 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Ojibway
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Oj...
#8 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#10 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie
Super 8 Sault Ste. Marie
Super 8 Sault Ste. Marie
#6 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie

Been to Days Inn Sault Ste Marie MI? Share your experiences!