“Very nice place to stay, close to everything.”

Days Inn Sault Ste Marie MI
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Millington, Michigan
“Very nice place to stay, close to everything.”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

This was a very nice hotel, for a good price. The room was large and very clean. The staff was nice and the breakfast more then expected.

Room Tip: Very clean, lots of towels provided.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Maggie L, General Manager at Days Inn Sault Ste Marie MI, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for all the compliments! Glad you enjoyed our variety of breakfast items, your room, and our friendly staff. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My room was filthy, the pool was over chlorinated, and the breakfast was disgusting. There was not a single part of this hotel that I would reccoment aside from the desk service. The guy that works at the front desk was very helpful. Still not enough to give this a decent rating.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Days Inn
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Happyhostess51048
I'm sorry that you were unhappy with our breakfast would like to know what about the breakfast you didn't like so we can make changes if possible. I can surely mention to the maintenance man to keep an eye on the pool and jacuzzi and watch the amount of chlorine that is put into them both. I am however very glad to hear that you had positive interactions with our front desk employees.

Travelers are raving about these Sault Ste. Marie hotels

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2011

This hotel is on the highway spur and not in the center of town - but its with other hotels. The rooms are on the small side and have a basic bathroom with the sink in the hallway rather than in the bathroom. It was clean and I appreciated the fresh, comfortable beds. However, the decor was very dated with wallpaper border and early 80's furniture, the room was badly laid out with the fridge/micro at the base of the bed. We stayed 2 nights in room 216 - this room had a funky odour which I noticed as soon as I entered. (In all honesty the hall didn't smell that fresh either) I left the window open a lot when we were in. I am a bit disgusted because the room beside us had a dog...and I wonder if I was in a room that previously had a dog. That dog barked and work me the first morning. The walls are thin. The room was not cleaned by housekeeping while we were out - our fault for not reading the sign at front desk and leaving the privacy sign up until about 1130am. If you do this, you run the risk of not having your room cleaned. Front desk was good throughout the stay and got us fresh towels. The hotel has a large, clean pool and a clean working hot tub. This was a bonus and appreciated after a long day. The gym was a tiny room that barely fit the 4 pieces of workout machine there. The breakfast was good and the front desk people try to keep it running smoothly, but it was crowded with no place to sit when we were there.

To be fair, I have never been to the area before so I don't know how this spot measures up to the competition. It had a motel feel and the thought of motels makes me itch. I would not return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Maggie L, Manager at Days Inn Sault Ste Marie MI, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
We are and have recently been in the process of making changes to our staffing, management and our hotel. We hope you come visit us in the future and can see the changes we've made.
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We stopped here at the end of our 8 hour day of driving. Being the off seasom for the city of Sault Ste. Marie, MI, our regular motel was not open. We checked out our tour guide and selected Days Inn. Our room was great and clean. In fact on our return trip back to our home 1 week later we stayed at the same hotel as we enjoyed it so much. It was close to restaurants and easy access to the highway

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the compliments! Glad that you enjoyed your stay and even made it a point to come back and stay with us again! We look forward to having you again in the future!
Boyne Falls, Michigan
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Although we had stayed here previously with no problems, this stay was not at all pleasant. When we arrived, the room was chilly but we figured that was because the heater had been shut off. We tryed to start it up and realized that it only blew COLD air. There was a small (very small) portable heater in the room, so turned it on and left for the evening. Returned about 2am and although the room was not "roasting" it was ok and we were tired. Mentioned it to front desk next morning and because it was New Years there were no other rooms available. We were gone all that day and returned about 11pm. To find that housekeeping had turned the heater OFF and it was freezing in the room. (only about 10 above zere outside) No answer at front desk. Turned heater on HIGH and went to bed.
Upon checkout the next morning I complained and even though front desk was sympathetic, no offer of refund or even a discount. I have stayed in several Days Inn and was never as disappointed in their accomadations. If you do decide to stay here REFUSE ROOM 201.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Sorry to hear about the issues you had during your stay. The front desk should have offered you some more space heaters and or the maintenance man should have been asked to go check out the heater issues. Sometimes it's a quick fix other times it is not but we will do whatever we can to make sure we don't have an issue like this again.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I stayed here in November on business. I found the front desk clerk to be very rude (she talked on her cell phone the entire time I was checking in). The room itself was clean and quiet. The workout room was small, but clean. The pool was very nice.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Maggie L, General Manager at Days Inn Sault Ste Marie MI, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
I apologize for any issues you may have had in the past with any of our employees. We have had alot of changes recently with management and employees. Hope you come stay with us again and soon!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed September 28, 2010

My spouse and I prepaid our room because this hotel had received the highest (5 sunburst) rating and the chairman's award from Days Inn. I do not know who evaluates this, but they obviously did not inspect the room we had. Mold in the bathroom and a carpet that not only felt dirty, it left our feet dirty. It was to be a non-smoking room, but this room had previously been a smoking room with no obvious effort to fumigate it. It still smelled of smoke. We attempted to change rooms, but because they were sold out, we were unable to do so. Good thing a Wal-mart was close by. We went and bought a room deordorizer. On the positive side, the desk clerks sought to be helpful and the lobby area was clean and inviting. The breakfast was above average for this type of hotel. The bread choices were especially good. My encouragement would be to do some needed deep cleaning.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Sorry for the issues you had with the room and the fact that we weren't able to move you. I do hope you come back sometime in the future to give us another try we have alot of changes recently. Such as staff, management and things within the hotel its self.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sault Ste. Marie
Best Western Sault Ste. Marie
Best Western Sault Ste. Marie
#3 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Hampton Inn Sault Ste Marie
Hampton Inn Sault Ste Marie
#2 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Ojibway
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Oj...
#8 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#13 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Days Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Days Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Mar...
#6 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie
Super 8 Sault Ste. Marie
Super 8 Sault Ste. Marie
#6 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie

Been to Days Inn Sault Ste Marie MI? Share your experiences!