Comfort Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Superior Place(Sault Ste. Marie)
  • Breakfast included
Plaza Motor Motel(Sault Ste. Marie)
View Hotel
Americas Best Value Inn(Sault Ste. Marie)
View Hotel
Super 8 Sault Ste. Marie(Sault Ste. Marie)
View Hotel
Skyline Motel(Sault Ste. Marie)
View Hotel
Royal Hotel(Sault Ste. Marie)
View Hotel
All reviewsmicrowave and fridgehot breakfastjacuzzi suitehotel is locateddesk staffbed was very comfortablenice place to staywould definitely stay here againpool and hot tubdonutsthe breakfast areacanada
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2008

There is nothing good to say about this hotel. What you pay is what you get. On our return trip from Mackinac Island we stayed here for one night, and after laying on the bed for 2 hours I noticed these black spots on the white sheets. My husband kept telling me it was probably lint, but I kept telling him it wasn't. When I was examinig them under the light, you could tell they were bugs, They had little antennas. We were collecting them and dropping them into a plastic cup. When the last one hit the bottom of the cup, it actually made a sound when hitting the bottom. That's when my husband agreed with me. I believe they came from the carpet, but I'm not sure. The front desk clerk gave us another room, with this ugly and scratched pink jaccuzzi tub. Very disappointed

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Comfort4404, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2008

Please allow me to respond to this guest review. Being employed at the Comfort Inn for 8 years and the General Manager for the last 4, I can assure everyone that our property does not have and never has had "bugs" in our rooms. During the spring, summer and fall months, this property is routinely sprayed to prevent such occurances. When this incident was reported I had our pest control agent inspect the premises and he found no traces of kind of any kind bug or their leavings not only in the room these guests were in but also adjacent rooms as well as any room on the property.
We take great pride in the cleanliness and appearance of our Comfort Inn and have earned the Exceptional Hotel Status as awarded by Choice Hotels International.
We have just finished an extensive renovation project including new linens, furniture and carpeting. We welcome the opportunity to be your home away from home and will make every effort to ensure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of service.
Thank you for allowing me to respond.
Joan Ojala

Reviewed July 29, 2008

After my experience at the Quality Inn down the road, I was hoping for much better at the Comfort Inn. I was very pleasantly surprised with cleanliness and size of the room. It had a king bed that was very comfy, a microwave & fridge, and a nice sofa for watching TV. The breakfast was really superior with waffles, cereal and plenty of bread, muffins, etc. If you are not into the pool scene you might ask for a room away from the pool as it can be noisy. Although the 11:00pm closure is enforced it can be hard to hear TV or relax with the pool noise outside the window.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed May 19, 2006

We just returned from a two night stay and thought the accomodations were very nice. We had stayed at the Super 8 three or four years ago and were terribly disappointed so we were wary of the area hotels. We had a room with a king bed, microwave, and refrigerator. The breakfast was very nice; the staff kept everything full. You could make real waffles, which were delicious. I would definitely stay here again and the location was great.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank AnonymousMI
Reviewed August 10, 2005

We stayed at this Comfort inn because it was convenient to the Interstate and price was OK. It was about standard for Comfort Inns. The room was OK but the sheets on the bed were really worn out. The bottom sheets were as thin as sheer curtains and there were two thin mattress pads under the thin sheet. One was a lot smaller than the bed and neither could be anchored. The straps were torn. Becuse of this we slid around all night and the mattress pads kept bunching up under the sheet. It wasn't very comfortable. The hotel offers a "Hot and Continental Breakfast". The hot part was scrambled eggs, sausage and biscuits and gravy. All were good. However, the pastry that was available for the Continental Breakfast was pre-packaged Danish. Not very tempting. No fresh fruit. In all, it was good but not as good as we had been led to believe. The pool was not working when we arrived. Wireless Internet access was available, but did not always work correctly. I would probably stay there again, with hopefully a newer set of sheets.

• Stayed: August 2005