“Very average”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Does the job for a night passing by, if you can get a good rate. The bathroom was clean. There was a microwave and fridge in the room. The bed (queen) was old. The hotel is outdated and would deserve a good revamping. There's a lot of restaurants and stores within walking distance. Internet was not working good from our room.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve L
Ryan K, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your visit. I have shared your feedback to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Sault Sainte Marie.

Kind Regards,

Manager

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel Oct4,5,6th...Very accessible from I-75.. offers convenience to restaurants, JC Penney, Walmart and a few minutes drive to the Kewadin Casino, downtown, the museums and the Soo Locks...very friendly, helfpful, efficient and pleasant staff who respond to guests' needs......breakfast was good....a little bit tired-looking facilities but good and clean enough.....56 of us, all Seniors from Hamilton, Ontario Canada stayed at this hotel and eveyone was satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank rolly t
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Outdated and dirty. The setup is the rooms surround a courtyard which means a few picnic tables for smokers to sit at 5 feet from your "window". The place is smelly like mold and the carpet is dark and filthy. The bedspread had stains on it and the bathroom floor had hairs all over it. I would avoid.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Daves-Raves-Reviews
Reviewed September 30, 2012

0/5 if I could give the Comfort Inn that rating... My family stayed here in late September for one night. Upon checkin in to our room; I went into the bathroom and was grossed out beyond belief. Their was a large amount of pubic hair all over the bathtub and on the ground. I don't know how a maid could miss all of this. I took photos with my phone for evidence and went to the front desk. The did not say sorry or offer and explanation for this issue. We switched rooms, the hotel did nothing at all to correct the problem.. I will be contacting corporate, and will never stay here again. The hotel is also very loud and outdated!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank awesomereviews
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here on September 29th for one night. Upon checking in to my room on the first floor I entered the bathroom and found public hair all over the tub and ground. I exited the room and went to the fround desk they offered to change our room and offered no reason. The hotel is very dated and has dirty sheets also.

• Stayed: September 2012
7  Thank awesomereviews
Reviewed September 3, 2012

As we entered the first room we were given, we immediately noticed that it smelled like someone had been smoking in it even though it was a no smoking room. We asked to be given a different room which we were and it was much better. The condition of the second room was also better - seemed newer and updated. This is a typical Comfort Inn-comfortable and clean. It is on the opposite side of town from the Locks although it's not that far of a drive.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our room did not have a view except for a roof top otherwise it was an okay experience. Beds were comfortable. We did not spend much time there as we came to see the Locks. Breakfast was good as usual at Choice Hotels. Next time we would look for a hotel closer to the Locks. Price was more than we usually pay at Comfort Inns.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family