WINNER WONDERLAND

and 1 more site!
Hometown Inn and Suites
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Oklahoma
“Second room better than the first.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

As we entered the first room we were given, we immediately noticed that it smelled like someone had been smoking in it even though it was a no smoking room. We asked to be given a different room which we were and it was much better. The condition of the second room was also better - seemed newer and updated. This is a typical Comfort Inn-comfortable and clean. It is on the opposite side of town from the Locks although it's not that far of a drive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Shelby, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our room did not have a view except for a roof top otherwise it was an okay experience. Beds were comfortable. We did not spend much time there as we came to see the Locks. Breakfast was good as usual at Choice Hotels. Next time we would look for a hotel closer to the Locks. Price was more than we usually pay at Comfort Inns.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed here on a personal sabbatical. The staff was very bubbly and willing to help with everything I needed, and did so in a timely fashion. Breakfast was above and beyond the normal expectation involved with "continental breakfast" and they even had complimentary USA today newspapers, which was a plus. My only complaint was the shuttle service to the casino, who was really impatient and not very friendly, but I guess that's why it's a free service.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are generally quieter, newspapers come early, so grab one fast.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Consuela L
Williamston, MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stay at this motel 4 or 5 times a year and always have a room in the same general area because I need to be near handicap parking. I reserved in January, checked again in May and all was in order. Checked in at 5:30 p.m. June 24 and my room was already given to someone else. The only room available was totally inaccessible for me. The desk clerk and manager on duty just shrugged and offered no assistance. I then went to the Holiday Inn, which was also totally booked, but the very busy desk clerk took the time to call all over town and found me a room at a nearby motel. Many of my friends were already in their rooms of choice at the Comfort Inn---people to whom I recommended the location have a room and I don't. Then I discovered they were paying $63 plus tax per night and I, a regular guest and a Elite Gold Choice Privileges card holder was to be charged $89 a night for the same basic room. This is not the kind of treatment I was used to and have come to expect from the Sault location of Comfort Inn. I'm very disappointed as I was unable to share breakfasts with my friends and being two miles away was totally inconvenient.

Room Tip: Try the Holiday Inn or the Park Inn which made room for me when the Comfort Inn "dropped the ba...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Sault Ste. Marie hotels

Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

Personally this silly safe charge seems a scam. If I can refuse it on check in, I can live with it, but not happily. If I must get it removed in the morning, I won't come back. Okay hotel. Not a lovely location, in a mall away from the nice parts of town. Rooms clean. Breakfast okay only. Workout room better than some. Pool. But nothing special and the safe charge (adding a dollar over what I arranged, then forcing me to put in effort to remove the dollar) is deceptive and weird and a poor way to welcome one to a hotel. Your call.

Room Tip: No great rooms I could figure out.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Escanaba, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

I have been staying here once a week for the past 2 years. The staff is always friendly and the place is always clean. Like I said I have been staying here once a week for the past 2 years so the must be doing something right.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Corey Z
Lawrence Township, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

The Comfort Inn, although a somewhat older hotel, had all of the features I needed, including good breakfast, newspaper, internet & room comfort/amenities. Location was close to all shopping & services, yet still close to downtown.

Room Tip: Ground floor is essential since the hotel doesn't have an elevator....
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business