“Great Bias Coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cup of the Day

Cup of the Day
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are the Twin Sault's favorite, oldest continually running Internet Cafe and Deli serving the Community since 1997. We brought the internet to the Soo cafe scene, hosting the Sault Area Computer Society in 1998. We also host numerous groups and meeting each month. We do not like the direction this country is heading, we do not like the acts of Congress nor this president. If you are going to COMPLAIN about our political views, then perhaps you should just leave yours silent and be on your merry little way!
“Great Bias Coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Having recently moved to Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan from Phoenix, Arizona I found myself in a city lacking one thing: STARBUCKS. Back where I come from, I was a regular at the Starbucks at Fashion Square Mall in Scottsdale and on 75th and Peoria Ave (which have their own pros and cons). I choose my coffee establishments by grading three critical things: Service, Cleanliness and Quality.

SERVICE: Cup of the offers that "mom & pop" environment which is very warm and welcoming. The staff is small and efficient but lacks diversity in the aspect of having only women baristas. The girls are charming and always remember you as a customer. The owner, who gets his title by not introducing himself but by always being there, is polite and professional. The facility in general has the "right wing, conservative demeanor" which is known to draw local customers away who don't necessarily agree with the politics, but coming from the fact that the owner is highly ranked in the local republican office, it's nice to see that he uses his facility to his liking, this review coming from a strong liberal myself.

CLEANLINESS: The place is clean and tidy. The shop lacks modern decor and seating but as a small business, I don't think the purpose of this establishment is to fancy it's customers with posh seating. Though, I would like bring the shop an Ikea makeover, I wouldn't say the I would give the shop less of a rating because of it. The shop has a salon in the back of the house which I never been to, but if you're wondering why there are wigs in the window, that's why.

QUALITY: Quality is big for me. I don't have a problem buying a $7 cup of coffee if it's a delicious cup of coffee. My normal two-pump quad shot white mocha from Starbucks was $7.47 each day. Here at Cup of The Day I only pay $3.51 for the same coffee. Of course it's no Starbucks in taste, but thats okay considering IT ISN'T STARBUCKS. Now, I've been here a few times and I know what barista makes the best cup. The younger girl with brown hair (I forget her name) is always spot on with my order. The expresso doesn't sit too long, the milk isn't burnt and the flavor is perfect. The other barista's could use some work.

Overall, the experience is good (when not bombarded with Anti-Obama merchandise). If you are open-minded to affordable delicious coffee AND SANDWICHES, this is the perfect place to go. The shop also offers a point card when you get 11 points you get a free drink! It's the better place in town (compared to Caffeine Express, Penny's Cafe or Kohl's Koffee) for coffee and lunch!

Enjoy!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank joshhcoatess

Grandville, Michigan, United States
“Best soup and coffee I have ever tasted!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Gem of a cafe' in downtown soo! Tomato Basil Bisque was seasoned perfectly, just the right amount of acidity and sweetness, with bits of tomato and basil for added texture. I also had the Dark Chocolate Mocha...excellent! Highly recommended, and I will be here next time I visit Sault Sainte Marie!

• Visited August 2012
Adrian, Michigan, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Nice place for a mid morning break. Mostly self serve on the coffee but always good. Mostly locals here and everyone seems to be a regular. Wife and I are very fussy about our coffee and it's always been excellent here.

Visited October 2011
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
“Great Coffee, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

The flavored Coffee is the best in town. I esp. like the New York Roast, the blueberry muffin actually smells like a blueberry muffin. The sandwiches are great, I loved the Club I had the other day. The staff were friendly and the patrons were well dressed.

• Visited July 2012
Centerville, Ohio, United States
“Lovely Coffee Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

I needed my morning soy latte fix, but didn't see any chains in town. We looked Cup of the Day up and stopped by, and I was delightfully surprised. The shop is lovely, the service friendly, and above all it was a great soy latte. : )

Visited July 2012