Best Western Sault Ste. Marie
$129
Hampton.com
$102
Super 8 Sault Ste. Marie(Sault Ste. Marie)(Great Value!)
$77
$84
Americas Best Value Inn(Sault Ste. Marie)
$85
$120
Kewadin Casinos Hotel(Sault Ste. Marie)
$77
Adoba Lockview Hotel(Sault Ste. Marie)(Great Value!)
$105
$82
Budget Host Crestview Inn(Sault Ste. Marie)(Great Value!)
$79
$69
Plaza Motor Motel(Sault Ste. Marie)(Great Value!)
$63
All reviewscanadian baconpool and saunabowling alleyrefrigerator and microwavewafflesstrip mallbiscuits and gravyvery nice hotelroom was cleaneasy accessparking lotup to datefront desk personnelwould stay here againwe've stayedexcellent stayfresh fruit
Reviewed August 13, 2008

My wife and I were going to attend the antique wooden boat show in Hessel, MI and then go to Mackinac Island. The hotel prices in Mackinaw City & St Ignace are well over $100 per night. I booked this hotel and got a much better rate. Even the extra drive to catch the island ferries did not add enough expense to warrant staying in Mackinaw or St Ignace. The hotel is great with clean rooms and helpful, friendly staff. They have a nice breakfast area with a more than adequate selection & it is attended by nice lady assigned to the area and not by front desk personnel as is the case at many places. Every night our room was quiet from the inside and out. This will be a must place to stay when we return to the area.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Extremely clean rooms, newer property. We found the best price at the hotel's website. Walmart was right across the street - a convenience we needed when our camera broke at the start of our trip. Drive to town and the Locks are about ten minutes, but a quick, easy drive. If you're planning to travel to the Falls or Whitefish Point, stay in Sault Ste. Marie and drive. We stayed in Paradise, MI and wished we had just stayed in the Sault. More to do, many more restaurants, and better prices. Be sure to stop at Clyde's Drive In for amazing burgers and shakes.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2008

We loved loved LOVED this hotel!
Our jacuzzi room was large and very clean. It had a small refrigerator, coffee maker, flat screen TV, "fireplace" (the kind with a remote control that can turn on an image of a fire), iron/ing board, and hairdryer. My husband wasn't crazy about the king pillowtop mattress (he likes a much firmer bed), but I found it very comfortable and cozy. The jacuzzi was great, and they even provided bath salts.
The hotel has a nice indoor pool, a sauna, a game room with pinball and videogames -- all of which we used and enjoyed. It also has a nice-looking exercise room with a treadmill, an elliptical machine, and I think a bike. We didn't use it, so I don't clearly remember. They also have a computer with internet access for guests to use. Oh! And there is a massage therapist who provides different types of massage at pretty reasonable rates ($40 for a Swedish massage, $75 for a hot stone, etc). Unfortunately, we didn't have time to partake of her services, but we peeked into the suite where she works from and it looked lovely and relaxing.
The breakfast was ok -- they had a couple different kinds of cereal, apples, bananas, make-your-own waffles, boiled eggs, and the standard processed white flour fare (bread, bagels, doughnuts, and danish). I really wish hotels would branch out at least into whole grains!
All the staff we encountered were very nice, pleasant, and helpful.
We paid $75/night (govt rate) and found it to be an excellent value. I would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2008

This hotel does have a nice location and there are plenty of restaurants and gas stations very close by.

The room was attractive and had a micro and fridge which I appreciate. The room was very clean and the bed comfy. I liked the fact that the windows had blinds between the panes of glass so I could get in a good amount of light and still have my privacy. They had expanded cable, which I also like when I travel for business.

The problems I had in the room was that there was not a chair that could be used at the work table. there were two barrel chairs, but they are too low to be of any use. There was also no light by the couch. The couch itself seemed to be broken. It was a sleeper and when you sat on it, the cushions pushed down much more than they should have so that the back of your thighs was hit by the hard edge.

The bathroom was your average bathroom, but boy was the fan loud!

Breakfast was very average, nothing to rave about.

The front desk staff were very friendly and the computer which can be used by guests is in a pretty private area, which is not always the case.

This was not a bad hotel by any means, and I would stay again if the rate was a really good one, but next time, I will probably try a different hotel just to compare.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2007

This hotel, just off the highway, is great. The pool, fitness, and even the coin laundry is open 24 hours. After 10pm, the pool is adults only. The fitness room has tv, water cooler, pools, and lysol wipes. A fitness station (equipment looked great). Newer treadmill and stair mill. Two elipticals (one much better).

That indoor pool is one of the nicest hotel pools I've been in. Large, has a large deck area and durable furniture, 8 skylights. Three walls of windows. There's a co-ed sauna, no whirlpool. Changerooms are a bit old, but no real concern. They're kept clean (I used them at night and again in morning).

The rooms have a fridge and microwave. Pillowtop mattress and lots of pillows. Windows do not open, but have built in blinds (within the two panes of glass). Wood furniture is knotty pine, so the theme is country. Perhaps a bit dated, but very clean. Nice carpet. Bathroom is fine.

The breakfast is 6-10am; hot fresh waffles are great! Three types of cold cereal. Juices were too sweet for my liking. Donut holes, bagels, boiled eggs. Coffee is in the hallway there, and is available anytime.

There's a Travelodge that shares the parking lot. Hardly anyone there, although it appears to have the same owners and rooms were just renovated. I looked in; those rooms looked basic. I suspect those guests would be able to use the Best Western facilities, but that's only my guess.

There's a shopping plaza across the street with Wal-mart, small JC Penny, a grocery store, Hallmark, Applebees restaurant and a few others. Newer Burger King a few doors from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo