“Cool Place”

Point Iroquois Light Station
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great place to stop by and see! A+++++++++++++++++!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All reviews
"beautiful light"
"light keeper"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I thought it was a very cool place. I loved being able to go inside of the lighthouse. The view from the top is nice and there was a beach nearby.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Don't miss the very scenic and relaxed drive along the southern shore of Whitefish Bay. If driving south from Paradise be alert for the scenic route turnoff-it's easy to miss. There are many remote areas to stop and walk the beaches. Also our favorite lighthouse in the UP is along this drive-Point Iroquois Light Station. Very picturesque lighthouse and bay. You can watch the ships going to and from the Sault Ste. Marie locks from here and can climb the lighthouse tower for a manificent view-see photos.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We came across this Light Station on our drive from Paradise to Sault Ste Marie on 9/22/12. We decided to take the scenic route and are very glad we did as we stumbled upon this place. I was very pleased that it wasn't another light house/museum that you had to pay for. The gentleman inside who I believe his name was Kenneth was absolutely amazing. He took time to talk to us and show us the history and explain it. He truly was wonderful. We walked up the spiral stairs to the lighthouse to see a breathtaking view. It was amazing. Afterwards we walked down to the beach area which also was amazing. Afterwards we went back inside the museum so I could purchase a book - The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. I'm glad I did. Had we had to pay to get into the museum I would've never bought the book. But because there were no costs I was able to buy a book I was interested in reading AND I was also able to give them a donation which made me feel good. Thank you for making our short visit there a memorable one!