“great place to try!”

The Antlers Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Historic site across from the Sault Locks. Fun atmosphere with numerous stuffed animals, antlers and memorabilia. Northern cuisine, and great Friday night fish fry and fun activities in the evenings during the week. Banquet room available, can take groups up to 200. Casual fun family dining.
Reviewed August 3, 2016

I was just in Sault Ste Marie for the first time. I was told to try The Antlers. I am glad that I did! The food was very good. (The various poutines were great.) The atmosphere and decor is very interesting, the portions are plentiful, and the staff was great.
I was skeptical at first, because their logo on their sign made me think that it was a place for kids. In reality, people of all ages would enjoy it. liked it so well that I went two days in a row.
I sat at the bar, and the bartender, Ginny, has a super fun personality (and was cute too.) I would definintely go again.

Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

The Antler's is a truly unique experience. The walls are covered with dead animals of lore (some literally). The food is good, but be prepared, the place occasionally is bursting with noise of all kinds. At one time the food was outstanding, but now it's just good. Still worth the visit.

Reviewed July 31, 2016

Very good food! Our waitress was very nice and knowledgeable about the menu. My daughter ordered the fish dinner. When our food arrived, there had been an "issue" in the kitchen with her meal. It arrived at our table shortly after. It was the biggest piece of fish I had ever seen. My wife got the Buffalo Chicken sandwich. It was a little light on the Buffalo sauce, but still tasty.
The allure of this restaurant is decor. Antlers and animal mounts throughout the restaurant were intriguing to the kids in our group.

Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

This place is interesting. They have taxidermy animals all over the place which makes it seem like a restaurant where lots of game meat can be Had! I'm not much of a meat eater so I can't comment in this aspect. However I do love their menu! I love their deep fried pickle chips and have never been disappointed! I've been a few times. Would recommend it to people who want to try something new! Good price, good service and very generous sizes.

Reviewed July 28, 2016

One of the most unique restaurants ever, filled with animals, especially those with antlers. The staff is super friendly and the food was so good. We had lunch and wanted to go back for dinner....except the portions had been super generous and we had no room in our tummies. You will love this restaurant!