“Great for business lunches”

The Antlers Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Historic site across from the Sault Locks. Fun atmosphere with numerous stuffed animals, antlers and memorabilia. Northern cuisine, and great Friday night fish fry and fun activities in the evenings during the week. Banquet room available, can take groups up to 200. Casual fun family dining.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I am no stranger to the Antlers. I would say it is about your only choice for a decent steak dinner in this town, and its a really nice to bar to sit at and have a few. It's never really packed, as it is now considered "off the beaten path", but I have never had a bad meal here. On the last visit, my boss and I brought a few potential investors here upon their request. They had heard so much about it from a co-worker. And I think they were impressed. Not only was the decor as enthralling as ever, but the food was great. I had a salad that was the daily special, and they had burgers and sandwiches. The food and service was great, as usual.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I had the walnut encrusted whitefish which was very good. My dinner companions ordered the Cedar Plank Whitefish. The plates came out looking very good :) Just the right amount of food too.

Interesting decor with the Taxidermy all over the ceiling and walls. They have a birthday event called "Bells and Whistles" the crew sets off all kinds of horns lights and sirens for a celebration.

I would go back to try different dishes all of which sounded good!

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We had a very nice unique dinner here tonight. Wildlife lasagna was so delicious! They hand make the pasta and the breads. My husband had the bacon cheeseburger with homemade fries and it was also out of the ordinary and super tasting. Highly recommend stopping for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We went to The Antlers during a business trip. Despite being March and just getting six inches of snow, the restaurant was busy, and definitely on its game.

One of the most obvious traits of this restaurant is its decor, with definitely an "up north" and hunting theme. (I particularly like the full-sized bear near the entrance to the dining room). Having a little pamphlet with a search and find list of animals to find on the walls/ceilings was a great activity for both kids and adults.

The menu had some great options, with some unique food. I had my mind set on a steak, but I was almost swayed by the "Wild Game Lasagna"...which I vowed to get the next time I would be here! There wasn't a large selection of tapped beer, but what they did have was very good.

Our group ordered the smoked whitefish dip as an appetizer...and, this was fantastic!! We've had some good, and some bad, whitefish spreads and dips, and this was definitely up there at the top end of the "good" end. This was one of the meal highlights.

I ended up getting the steak and fish combo for my main dish, which seemed like a good value with the relatively low price. When the dish arrived, it was actually a huge portion of fish, a nice size piece of stake, and a large portion of fries (which I tasted and were good, but couldn't eat much of because of the sheer quanitity of the food). Overall, the steak was average...it was cooked perfectly, and looked and was sesoned great, but it was not the best cut of meat and was tough. However, we (a co-worker ordered the same dish) enjoyed it regardless. The accompanying fish was excellent, and although I had steak on the mind, the fish made the meal very good. Another co-worker had a beer-cheese topped burger, and this was also reportedly very good!

Our server was also very friendly and efficient. Overall, this was a very good meal, and I hope to return if in "the soo" again.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were there on a Sunday during the off season while spending a day in the Sault. We each had a cup of homemade chili and spilt hand cut fries. Both were delicious. We enjoyed our visit, especially walking around looking at all the mounts. Staff very nice and friendly.