“Glad I tried” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Antlers Restaurant

The Antlers Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Historic site across from the Sault Locks. Fun atmosphere with numerous stuffed animals, antlers and memorabilia. Northern cuisine, and great Friday night fish fry and fun activities in the evenings during the week. Banquet room available, can take groups up to 200. Casual fun family dining.
Algonac, Michigan
“Glad I tried”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Was in the Soo in February of 2013 and passed on Antler's after researching on tripadvisor. Went to the U.P. with friends this weekend who assured me it is alot better than it used to be and the food is very good. They we spot on. Had the turkey Po Boy sandwich which was amazing along with some of the best onion rings I have had in a long while. Warm apple pie and great coffee finished the meal. Portions were generous. Great Value. I would recommend stopping.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jim F

Attica, Michigan, United States
“Stuffed animals galore”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

The animals were amazing... the best thing about the place. We had just stopped in for a cup of soup after our walk around the Soo Locks. I had vegetable tortellini soup which would have been great if it wasn't so tomatoey. Is that a word? My friend had the chili which she said was fair. I ended up ordering the potato skins but was not happy. They were too crispy for me and my friend. We sat next to a couple that ordered the fish and chips and we couldn't believe the stack of fish the woman received. If I ever go again it would have to be on an empty stomach because I'd like to try those fish and chips. I would recommend this restaurant if only to see the animals.

Visited October 2013
Milan, Michigan
“Hearty food and friendly service warms on a chilly fall day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We ate dinner here tonight and really enjoyed it. It's a great, casual restaurant with a quirky decor of antlers and stuffed "wildlife" and a location with a nice view of the St. Mary's River and the occasional lake freighter. We saw lots of great dishes pass us on the way to other tables so we knew we were in for a good, generous meal. Because it was a little chilly outside, both of us went for the ultimate comfort foods: Brunswick Stew and Whitefish Gumbo, both served in canoe-shaped breadbowls or "Soo Stew Canoes". They were big and delicious. And if you're worried about gumbo being too spicy, don't. It really is pretty mild and if you can handle spice at all, this will be fine. Wish we could have tried some other items, but we were only here in the Soo for one night. They all looked good, especially the fish dishes. Next time!

The waitstaff was super-friendly and fun. Everyone in the place, including us, seemed quite happy to be there! After telling some friends who visit the Soo about our find, they just laughed. "We could have told you that's the place to go and saved you some time researching!"

Caseville, Michigan
“Kids love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My son is an LSSU student & took my nephews up on a visit to see him. They are convinced this is the coolest restaurant anywhere. We were there for lunch and all of us had great sandwiches & our service was good. Not what I would consider 5 star dining, but a good choice non the less. Felt the prices were reasonable & the atmosphere was fun, especially for the younger folks. It's worth stopping in.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mfs42, Manager at The Antlers Restaurant, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thanks kindly for your review. We are very distinguishable from other restaurants in the area, that’s for sure. We are glad to hear you had a good dining experience here at The Antlers. We hope to see you again in the future.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“horrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We went to Antlers tonight for dinner, my family hasn't been there in over 10 years. First there was a 50 minute wait, thats ok from what i remember from previous visits it will be worth the wait. Next our waitress seemed like she didn't want to be there, my steak had no seasoning what so ever, my daughters lemonades tasted like it they were glasses of water with a lemon twist and our glasses stayed empty quite often. Then came the $80 + dollar bill. I don't have a problem with the bill, i just feel for that kind of money we deserved a better dining experience.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
First I would like to say that we here at The Antlers Family Restaurant take your review very seriously. We do our best to find ways in which we can make our customers experience better. Secondly I would like to apologize for your less than desirable experience. If you have any more information regarding the name or description of the server please feel free to send us an email at antlersrestaurant@att.net so we can address this issue accordingly.