“Clean, busy, friendly motel with a great downtown location”

Adoba Lockview Hotel
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed November 7, 2010

We stopped here a couple of weeks into our cross-country road trip. We picked up a glossy ad for this motel in a tourist area and while that sometimes turns us off, this was a great motel. The service was fine, the room was spacious and sparkling clean, the location was great - right in the middle of town so we could walk right across the street to the Locks or to a restaurant or tourist shop. After driving all day, it was a great opportunity to let our teenage girls check out the local tourist shops. It's true that you need to sit in the lobby to use the free wireless, but we enjoyed our continental breakfast and the morning banter in the breakfast room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 4, 2010

We were there on Labor Day weekend and it was very crowded. The room was large, but there was no coffee maker in the room. This meant that we had to go to the lobby for coffee, but the lobby had standing room only for coffee and contenental breakfast. The WIFI only worked within 40 feet of the lobby, and we were outside of that area.

Reviewed September 1, 2010

We stayed two nights during a two-week bicycle trip around Lake Superior. We chose the Lockview based on other reviews in TripAdvisor and were not dissapointed. Because we arrived on bicycles - and as the Soo was our half-way point (and a much needed rest day) we were pretty fired up to have fun and enjoy this place. Which we did. Our room was in one of the chalet style duplexes, each with a small garden and sitting area. We had a corner room facing the main parking lot, but with a small wildflower garden, the affect was quite pleasant. We dined next door at the Lockview Restaurant (no relationship) and had outsanding Whitefish - then down the street the following evening at the Palace for tasty mexican food and cheap wine. It was all great fun and the Lockview is a nice place to base your visit to the Soo.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

The rooms smelled fine, the bathrooms were sufficient and breakfast was better than some other 'pricy' motels. I will stay there again. Oh.....I slept great!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank grammalinda
Reviewed August 14, 2010

We have been to this motel three times over the last 30 years and hope to keep returning. They are located directly across from the Locks and you can walk anywhere in town. The rooms are large enough, very clean and very comfortable. This is an older motel, obviously, but has been updated. The staff is all very friendly. Free breakfast is available in the morning, but the area is rather small and was always crowded, so we chose to go next door to a restaurant. This motel is a good value for the money.

Reviewed August 10, 2010

Right when we pulled in to check in, we were welcomed with the most warm staff.. It was like you had known them forever. The rooms were spacious and the hotel was a great location. And to top it all off, we were treated to a wonderful breakfast!! Definitely a place I would stay in again when I come back to the Sault.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheri22
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Should have gone with my gut instinct and shyed away, however after reading several reviews on TripAdvisor and seeing the ranking the motel had received I thought it might be a neat place to stay. I was very clear when I made the reservation that I would have five people in the room - hence we were told that we would be in one of the cottages. Upon arrival I asked about the bedding arrangements and was told that we had two double beds. I inquired about a roll away and was told that they had nothing like that, not even a cot! I was told that the cottages would sleep 5 or 6 - I guess they planned on them sleeping in the chairs or standing up!
The room had a funky smell to it and the bathroom was WAY tiny. While it all looked nice it really wasn't that clean and when it came time to "bed down" our fifth person I used the comforters from the bed (YUCK!) to pad the floor (DOUBLE YUCK!) I was thankful that I had a blanket in the car that I could wrap around the whole thing.
The whole place is really quaint and I thought that it would be a fun experience, however I would NEVER stay there again and certainly wouldn't direct friends or family there. We had to head out very early the next day (before the breakfast was ready) so I can not provide comment on that.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family