“Great place to stay- watch the ships-walk to eat and shop!”

Adoba Lockview Hotel
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We rented a cabin unit which is just of the main waterfront street of Sault Ste Marie Michigan. Ours had 2 very comfortable super clean mattresses, clean bathroom, tv, small table and chairs! Cable tv, and adjustable air conditioning and heat! Super quiet, friendly staff, parking right outside the cabin door. We were able to walk to the locks, see lots of freighters, walk to meals and stroll the little shops! A nice little spot while travelling through or to stay a couple of nights. In the morning a full continental breakfast in the motel lobby! Coffee available until 11 at night, great for java lovers. I would recommend to anyone and plan to stay again. A short drive to big box shopping lovely beaches at Brimley and then back for a lovely evening!

Room Tip: I picked close to the front of the cabins perhaps in the busy summer you might prefer a rear cabin b...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MASH16

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed there two nights and found the service to be great and the rooms comfortable. We stayed on the second floor of the motel part and considering we had a lot of regrouping to do before flying out the last morning, it was a bit of an inconvenience. There wasn't much view of the boats coming through from there. The cabins might have been even better.

This place puts you in the middle of downtown, with food, ice cream and souvenirs close by and the locks just 70 yards away. Also convenient for other tourist attractions just down the road. If you like watching the freighters, this is the place.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the bikers when they check in and get drunk. They like to talk a little late a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I headed up to Sault Ste. Marie to take the GRE. I wasn't able to check in until around 12:40 at night because i had to work in Marquette until 9. I was worried about being able to get checked in. But when I wearily arrived, the overnight attendant was prompt and friendly. She was engaging and very bubbly. She told me about breakfast and where I could find my room. I stayed in room 131. It was a small room, with one queen sized bed. That was all I needed. Although it was small, it was nicely decorated and spotless. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job. There was even a desk for me to study on. I awoke the next morning and went to breakfast, where I enjoyed the company of the two front desk attendants. I even asked about check-out. The woman knew I had to take the test in a few hours, and before I could ask, she told me that she'd give a noon checkout. She had a smile on her face and wished me luck. The staff here are simply a joy, and the decor is simple, clean-cut, and adorable. I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2013

As stated in the title of this review, the location of Lockview can't be beat. It is located directly across the street from the locks. It is also a short walk to many "souvenir" and nick-nack shops. Bars and restaurants are also within walking distance.

The motel is an older style place. It has the "double decker" rooms up front and some row "cabins" further back. We were in one of the "cabins". Though you can tell this is an older establishment, the rooms were well maintained. The staff does a good job of keeping them up.

As others have stated in reviews, I can see where parking can be an issue when they are booked up. We went in mid May and the place only had a few guests. you need to parallel park in front of your cabin. As these line both sides of the drive, it would be real tight for someone with a truck or large vehicle. There are some parking spaces across from the 2 story area, but those will probably be filled up by the people staying there during busy times.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012

When I opened the fridge to put some beverages in, the smell of spoiled milk fell on the room. Wow, there was sticky, spoiled milk on the inside of the fridge and the whole room soon smelled like it. I complained to the management about it and all they did was send a maid to wipe it out a little. The room still smelled terrible. I was shocked that they did not give us a break on the price of the room. When I complained that the room still smelled after the maid left, the front desk clerk handed me a can of air freshener.
I will not be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patrick K
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Several years ago we stayed here and decided that we needed to return to Sault St Marie "in the future" so this Fall saw us return to Slt St M and we restayed at the AskWith. It did not disappoint. The room clean, safe, quiet, other travelers were also quiet ( and clean ) . Desk personnel are very friendly and capable. The breakfast was "typical" and very clean despite lots of use that morning. There was a bus tour group but they left about 8 am. Nice quiet group of older travelers but a lot of people for the cozy breakfast area. The Askwith Lockview is a great location and a good value too.

Room Tip: Get a small cabin if you can because it is cute and adds a special twist to your good memories of th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I were on aroad trip around Michigan and wanted to visit the locks. The Lockview was the perfect place for us. We stayed two nights in one of the cabins. A nice pretty large room with two queen beds and a fridge.The bathroom was a bit cramped, but met our needs. Staff was very friendly and knew lots about the area. We had a small maintenance problem and they fixed it immediately. Breakfast was adequate and there was always hot coffee in the lobby. The main draw for us was that it was right across the street from the locks and we were able to see quite a few ships pass through. This is the place to stay in "the Soo."

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SCShaker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sault Ste. Marie
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Ojibway
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Oj...
#8 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Hampton Inn Sault Ste Marie
#2 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie
Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste....
#8 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie
Plaza Motor Motel
Plaza Motor Motel
#1 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Kewadin Casinos Hotel
Kewadin Casinos Hotel
#9 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie

Been to Adoba Lockview Hotel? Share your experiences!