“What a great place to stay!”

Kewadin Casinos Hotel
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed at the Kewadin in the Soo for the first time recently & what a great place to stay! We had a voucher for a special room rate & there was absolutely no problems with using it when we walked in. The room was non-smoking, clean & quiet! In fact we had the best night's sleep we'd had in a long time!

We had dinner on a Sunday night at the restaurant in the hotel, both of us having the well supplied and great tasting buffet.

The hotel is spectacularly clean and laid out with nice seating areas throughout.
The gaming floors are clean and fun too!
Looking forward to a return trip soon!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LovinBeechLife
There are newer reviews for Kewadin Casinos Hotel

Reviewed June 2, 2014

There is cigarette smoke in this hotel. There is no getting around that. It is everywhere and there is no getting away from it. For that reason alone I will not stay here again. The workers are extremely friendly and accommodating. The rooms are a bit run down. If you don't mind the smoke and want to get in on some gambling action, the place isn't so bad. Common areas are expansive and clean.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Flat_Earther
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hotel was fine, but check in seemed somewhat casual and unprofessional as the desk clerk ( a younger male) told us we should smile. After a long road trip and waiting in the check in line for 15 minutes, we just wanted to get to our room and relax for a bit. I'm sure he was just trying to be friendly, but came across as unprofessional. We opted to use valet parking. The attendant stood at the hotel door while we unloaded our luggage, etc., and never once offered to lend a hand. He seemed totally disinterested in his job. Except for these minor issues, the hotel was OK.

The Casino is another thing. We travel a lot and visit many casinos all over N. America, and have to rate this casino as one of the worst. Machines would not pay even very small amounts of credits, so we were in our pockets every 5 or 10 minutes for another $20, but that's not the reason for my complaint. We likely played about 3 or 4 machines, and in my case at lest 3 of them had some kind of malfunction. In one case, my $20 bill got stuck in the slot, so I turned on the "service light". After waiting for about 20 minutes, I went looking for a slot tech to come and fix it. I found a tech leaning against a machine about 20 feet from my machine, and from his position I could clearly see my flashing light, and yet I still had to ask him to come and fix it. The machines had sticky buttons, and were quite dirty, and it seemed there were problems with the graphics, calibration, etc. Some maintenance is required here. We also stayed at Kewadin, St. Ignace a week before and experienced none of these issues. Methinks it's poor management at the Sault location. Will likely not return to this Casino.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DCBROOK
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I was there for the first time for a business seminar, but my wife went along as well so we enjoyed the facility together.. The room was very clean and smoke free, which is what we asked for. I did reserve for 2 rooms for another business partner, they did not have his reservation, so he had to go to Days Inn to stay. I did not receive a confirmation, so make sure with reservation that you receive one. A gentleman ahead of me had a similar issue, so looks like it happens frequently. Anyway, a nice place to stay overall.

Room Tip: 4th floor was non smoking the whole floor, so if important to you, ask for that.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Partsman123
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We love this type of getaway. This is perfect for couples and everything is under one roof! When its cold outside, we enjoy spending a couple of nights here. The gaming is fine. The lounges and dining is always great. The pool is always clean and inviting and the entire staff is there to make your experience trouble free.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bryan M
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We have been going to Sault Ste. Marie over the past 30 years and only in the past five years we stay at the Kewadin Casino. We have always had good rooms and very clean. There is a shuttle service that is avalible to take to locations in the city.

Room Tip: Room upgrades are not that much more expensive. Rooms near the front desk end of hotel has an eliva...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Roger D
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Kewadin Casinos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thanks for your review :)

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My hubby and I have been players club members and they sent us a voucher for a free night. This was a nice trip for us and our preschool daughter. He got to do some gambling and her and I spent time at the pool and the arcade. Everyone here was very nice and attentive.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank momofpeanut

Glad you enjoyed your trip!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sault Ste. Marie
Hampton Inn Sault Ste Marie
Hampton Inn Sault Ste Marie
#4 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Best Western Sault Ste. Marie
Best Western Sault Ste. Marie
#3 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Ojibway
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Oj...
#8 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Days Inn Sault Ste Marie MI
Days Inn Sault Ste Marie MI
#12 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#10 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront
Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault S...
#4 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie

Been to Kewadin Casinos Hotel? Share your experiences!