“Appalling lack of hospitality!”
Review of Wickwood Inn

Wickwood Inn
Ranked #6 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 10, 2005

The "hospitality" was appalling! We had a 2-night reservation. After the 1st night, we were called home, because my father was dying (that day, he passed away). when my husband explained the situation, all the owner said was, "Maybe you'll be lucky, and we can re-rent the room for you. We'll put the sign out." Yesterday, as I went through the condolence cards that came in the mail, I found my receipt for the cost of a room--another guest had moved into our room, and she charged me the lesser amount, for their room.

I think this is indicative of a terrible lack of customer service. How could she be so tacky? I do not recommend a stay at this inn.

Stayed: August 2005
16  Thank lovesroma

Chicago, IL
Reviewed February 20, 2005

The Wickwood Inn is absolutely charming! If you are looking for an upscale B&B in a fabulous area with galleries and good restaurants, come for a visit. We stayed in the Lodge room, and it was gorgeously decorated in chintz and plaid fabrics, and mahogany/cherry furniture. The hors d'ouvres and breakfast foods were delicious. Julee Rosso and her staff could not have been more friendly and hospitable. We will definitely be back!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 3, 2005

Excellent run inn. Staff was extremely friendly and the food was wonderful. Room we stayed in had a small bathroom, but overall the room was decorated beautifully. Evening "cocktail party" was wonderful, enough food to make you skip dinner. Breakfast was top notch and had a ton of food. Overall everything was top notch.

• Stayed: January 2005
2  Thank msack
Reviewed November 1, 2004

A girlfriend and I met here for a night last fall. I had always wanted to try this place, but I was disappointed. First of all, after traveling for three hours, I arrived an hour before check in and was barely allowed to wait inside. While waiting for my girlfriend, I was completely ignored by the staff, even when they walked right by. I wasn't offered so much as a glass of water. Our room was also a disappointment. For the price, we expected high-end bed linens, toiletries, ect. - but everything was very average. There are a lot of nice places in Saugatuck - stay somewhere that appreciates the business.

• Stayed: January 2005
8  Thank lnemitz
chicago, il
Reviewed August 26, 2004

We used to stay at this B&B but after the ownership changed, it was no longer a pleasant experience. The staff was very rude. There are many nice inns in town so avoid this one.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed August 2, 2004

We have stayed at the beautiful Wickwood now on three different occasions, and always feel sure we are at the very best. The decor is beautiful and the food is just incredible-including champagne brunches and an unbelievable hors dourve table! We felt really spoiled by the friendly Innkeepers and warm cozy Inn.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 18, 2004

We just came from a two night stay at this upscale inn and enjoyed it very much. The inn is perfect for strolling through town and our room was beautiful with coffee ready as early as 7:00am. Breakfast was super - we were sorry to miss the 6:00pm complimentary hors d'oeuvres. Although evening fruit / snacks were on the sparse side - it was kind enough that they provided at all. The only problem encountered was they had a hard time regulating the A/C. Many of us froze through the night. We also found the hostess a bit on the snobby side - not exactly warm and fuzzy. Overall however I would return for a visit.

4  Thank Gentlewoman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugatuck
Hampton Inn Holland
#1 of 24 in Saugatuck
Maplewood Hotel
Maplewood Hotel
#12 of 24 in Saugatuck

Been to Wickwood Inn? Share your experiences!