“Lovely Place”
Review of Twin Oaks Inn

Twin Oaks Inn
Ranked #1 of 19 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My first visit to a B & B and I thought it was very nice. Willa and Sean keep the place cozy and you feel right at home....the lovely porches make a great place to sit and chat....The location is just a walk around the corner to the center of everything,,,,
Only negative for those who may care the tvs in the rooms are very tiny.
Nice place to stay....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PRHOakland_NewJersey

Reviewed June 27, 2012

It was my husband and I, my sister, and my father taking an quick overnight trip to Saugatuck before some big surgery for my father, so we were looking for something affordable with 3 different bedrooms. We can't recommend the Twin Oaks Inn Saugatuck Bungalow highly enough! It's a whole separate house about two blocks from the main inn. LR, Dining Room, full kitchen, 3 Bedrooms (sleeps 6), and two bathrooms. All up-to-date and very comfortable with central AC, well stocked with maps, guides, menus, magazines and books. The best part though was the spacious front porch with plenty of seating. We only wish we could have stayed longer (we squeezed in a one-nighter during a quiet week; otherwise the place was booked by longer-term visitors). We had total privacy, which meant we did not meet anyone from the main house nor were offered breakfast there, but found a great breakfast place two short blocks away (Ida Red's, a Zingerman's-like place serving b'fast all day: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g42683-d1130771-Reviews-Ida_Red_s-Saugatuck_Allegan_County_Michigan.html) Also, only two blocks away was the Star of Saugatuck paddleboat cruises, down the river out to Lake Michigan. We did the sunset cruise on a balmy evening and got some marvelous photos (and some great Kahlua coffees). Cost at the Bungalow for the one weeknight in June 2012 was $324—a good deal for 4 people!

Room Tip: We all had good sleeps here—quiet, dark, comfortable rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in early June.

Willa is a wonderful hostess and made our stay perfect. Her breakfasts are delicious and really set you up for the day. A great mix of sweet and savoury offerings.

We were upgraded to a slightly larger room though unfortunately it had less storage than the room I had originally booked. The closet was a reasonably size but there was limited drawer space. The bathroom was very large and both room and bathroom were very clean and had everything you needed.

The hotel is rather shaded though the porch is a real suntrap in late afternoon/early evening and we very much enjoyed sitting there in the rocking chairs on our return from a day out.

Large car park which was handy.

The Inn is brilliantly located just set back from the main street so nice and quiet, but just a minute's walk and you are in the town centre. Saugatuck is a lovely small town and everything is walkable. Some nice shops and restaurants and very picturesque.

If we were in the area again we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Team_DC
Reviewed May 19, 2012

A group if friends and I have been visiting Saugatuck every year for shopping, laughing, eating and drinking. Over the years we tried different B&BS and Twin Oaks is BY FAR the best overall. Willa, the Innkeeper,is friendly and gracious. The location is perfect. Her guests return year after year which says it all. Oh...and her breakfasts are to die for!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank RobynMyers
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I have never in my life enjoyed a Bed and Breakfast stay but Willa changed my whole opinion for the better! Her place is beautiful yet I felt completely at home. She is extremely respectful of the privacy of guests and yet she somehow manages to make you feel taken care of without being intrusive in the least. Her breakfast is lovely and the location of the Inn is perfect. I highly recommend this Inn!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ohnolinda
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Twin Oaks Inn is a lovely B & B. Willa, the owner, could not have been nicer or more accomodating to our five year old. The breakfasts are declicious and the location (one block from downtown) is perfect. We'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2010

My mom and I recently stayed at the Twin Oaks Inn Bed and Beakfrast in Saugatuck. It was literally a block from downtown and the restaurants and shops. For being on a city street that close to downtown, the only time we heard street traffic in our room was from a loud motorcycle. We didn't even hear other guests in their rooms - very restful night sleep! I've stayed at lots of B&B's and this one had one of the largest rooms and bathrooms I've ever seen - room #2 - beautiful! The inn keeper was friendly, the service great, breakfast was delicious, there aren't enough nice things to stay - I will be back for sure!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ebaysarah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugatuck
Holiday Inn Express Holland
#6 of 19 in Saugatuck
Captains Quarters Motel
Captains Quarters Motel
#1 of 10 in Saugatuck

Been to Twin Oaks Inn? Share your experiences!