“Wonderful Experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugatuck
Beechwood Manor Inn & Cottage
Ranked #9 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
valparaiso, in
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed July 3, 2007

My fiance and I stayed at Beechwood Manor Inn on a weekend get-away. Our stay was wonderful. Gregg and Sal were very kind and made sure we had everything we needed to enjoy our stay. The Inn is beautifully decorated,and is extremely clean. It is located within a short walking distance from downtown. We were swept away into a world of quiet tranquility for the two days that we spent at Beechwood. Breakfast was delicious, and we loved the freshly baked cookies! I would highly recommend this B&B.

Thanks,

Andrea and Gerry

• Liked — The welcoming, clean, comfortable, relaxed environment.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pooler GA
Reviewed April 8, 2007

You never really know what to expect when you book a B&B. You pretty much have to rely on the experiences of others when making your decision. My wife and I loved the Beechwood Manor. Sal and Greg were wonderful hosts and made our stay in the area (although brief) very enjoyable. Just a short walk to all the stores and restaurants in Saugatuck, we could not have asked for a better location. It was the best night's sleep we had had in awhile. We stayed in Enid's room and look forward to staying there again the next time we head that way. Breakfast was a bit cozy - but the food and company ended up being just perfect!

I Highly recommend Phil's for lunch or dinner!

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank schlabsm42
Illinois
Reviewed January 20, 2007

My husband and I decided to take a long weekend and we always try to stay someplace a little different. This trip we chose Saugatuck. There are plenty of beautiful choices in Saugatuck but, after speaking with Sal on the phone, we knew that Beechwood Manor was where we were going to stay. Once we arrived, we knew instantly that we had made the right choice for us. Our room, (Enid's) was large, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was large and the tub was the perfect ending to our great Saugatuck days. While our stay was a short 2 nights, we left feeling like we had been spoiled. The breakfasts were amazing and the attention to detail is exactly how previous reviewers have described. They also walked us over to their cottage because we had asked about bringing some friends and family along with us on our next trip. They've done a great job with that as well and we will look into that for a summer getaway with some friends.
Overall, the reviews that have been written previously are all things that I would say. Everything was great. The pictures on the website don't really do the B&B justice but that just made for a really nice surprise when we got there. We will definitely return.

• Liked — Location and the Innkeepers
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
fort wayne, in
Reviewed November 5, 2006

My wife and I just got back from our stay at Beechwood Manor. Sal and Greg were wonderful hosts. The attention to all details was wonderful. The inn is a short walk to downtown and is located on a very quiet street. Our room was wonderfully decorated. Breakfast was awsome (Stuffed French Toast and Sweet Potato Pancakes). The inn is small with only three guest rooms. I would highly recommend this inn to anyone looking for a great bed and breakfast stay.

• Liked — The Hosts
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maninmirror
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2006

My husband and I stayed at Beechwood Manor for our 2nd anniversary...we had an absolutely wonderful experience at this B&B! The hosts, Greg & Sal, were great - knowledgable about the area, excellent cooks (breakfasts were sooooo delicious, wonderful french toast, sweet potato pancakes, quiche, ect), and very inviting. The house is full of charm and decorated to bring out its true character. We stayed in Saida's room. Despite being the smallest room, we found it to be quite comfortable - loved the claw foot tub and the provided bath salts! We also loved the complimentary sodas and cookies - especially the ginger snaps. Greg & Sal have truly thought of all the details and we can't rave about this place enough. We plan to return to this B&B in the future and we have fallen in love with Saugatuck! Such a great little get away from Chicago with lots of art galleries, unique shops, excellent restaurants, and plenty of waterfront to explore!!!

• Liked — The hospitality of the hosts and all the little touches that made our stay relaxing and unique
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Try dinner at Everyday People's Cafe in Douglas, MI
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
Livonia, MI
Reviewed September 3, 2006

This place was an A+!! I found it online and didn't know what to expect, especially since it didn't seem extremely overpriced like most of the B&Bs in the area. Everything from the cleanliness to the food to the hosts far surpassed any expectations I had. There was not a speck of dust in the whole place, everything was sparkling clean, and all the linens smelled like they just came out of the laundry 5 minutes before. We stayed in what I believe is the smallest room (Saida's Room) but it was very comfortable and had a large bathroom. I tasted the sweet potato pancakes, the french toast stuffed with cream cheese & peaches, and the quiche. All were unbelievably delicious and the presentation looked like a picture out of a food magazine. The hosts were friendly and very accommodating. I was surprising my husband with a weekend there for our anniversary, and they put great effort forth to keep it a surprise (they got panicked because we arrived MUCH later than the arrival time I originally indicated, but they didn't want to call me since it might ruin the surprise) and I really appreciated their personal interest in making our weekend wonderful. They were easily accessible whenever we needed them, but mostly left us on our own to explore their lovely house and enjoy the grand front porch. There was not a detail or special touch that was missed. The place felt old enough to be charming, but had all the modern conveniences. It wasn't "scary old" as my husband would say! It is close to downtown, but removed enough to be tranquil and relaxing. I originally thought I wanted a place right downtown, but I'm so glad I chose Beechwood Manor.

• Liked — location, cleanliness, food, hospitality
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank allie13
Houston, TX
Reviewed July 17, 2006

My mother and two sisters and I stayed 2 nights at the Beechwood Manor Inn B & B in Saugatuck, MI July 7 and 8 for a girls week-end. We weren't sure what to expect, as I made the reservation through their website, but we all were extremely impressed with the impeccability of the establishment, inside and out. The guys who own the B & B, Sal and Greg, are so accommodating and make you feel right at home. These guys know how to run a B & B! The historic home is beautiful, the grounds are lovely, and they know how to fix a wonderful breakfast. The homemade cookies and brownies were delicious as a treat in the afternoons. I was so impressed, that when my husband came up after our girls week-end, we stayed there again. You can't go wrong staying here!

1 Thank Perky JC