“Horrible service”
Review of Bayside Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugatuck
Bayside Inn
Ranked #7 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
“Horrible service”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My 75 year old grandparents were taking a last minute mini vacation and made a reservation here for three nights. They found other plans and my sweet nana informed her they would like to shorten their stay to only two days. She then was verbally assaulted in front of other guests. The woman at the front desk was so extremely rude they actually turned around and drove all the way back home to Ohio! A ten day expected trip turned into one. Not to mention she just paid over 200$ for a room they didn't end up staying in. I was horrified to hear this story and quite honestly wish I was there to witness this woman treat someone so poorly whose main job description is customer service. My nana was a preschool teacher and I'm baffled at the ignorance and disrespect she was shown. This woman ruined their experience and I will continue to spread my distaste.

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Aleyna9
GM_BaySide_BW, General Manager at Bayside Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I am absolutely shocked by this review. I would be more than happy to talk with you or your grandparents regarding this situation as I am utterly appalled that anything like this could have occurred with our staff. I am very sorry for this situation and would love to be given the opportunity to come to an acceptable conclusion if you would please contact me. I am the General Manager, and my name is Amanda Wiley. I can be reached by phone at 269-857-4321 or by email at amanda@baysideinn.net. As I am unable to find any record of a guest leaving early or not staying at all anytime in July or August this year, I fear this is my only avenue for contact. At the very least I can say that our weekends in July and August do require at least a 3 night stay, so I can understand that in some situations we may not have been able to accommodate their request. However, to have that result in any type of problem, especially verbally assaulting a guest, is extremely confusing and upsetting. I look forward to speaking with you or one of your grandparents directly to give us the opportunity to rectify this situation, and ensure our staff is meeting our high standards of service.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Richmond, Indiana
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Inn was really nice!! Clean and tastefully decorated. We stayed in Room 1 on the 2nd
floor. loved the deck looking over the river. I would definitely recommend staying at the Bayside
Inn. great location for shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Room 1 on the 2nd floor is really nice size with full size couch and chair. The balcony looks over...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Galesburg, Illinois
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very clean and pleasant staff. We had a cozy room on the third floor which was very quiet. Breakfast was good. While there is no parking, street parking is plentiful. It was great to sit on the patio and watch the boats.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
chicagoland, Illinois
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My first visit to Saugatuck was a great success and the #1 reason was my room at the Bayside Inn. I stayed in room #4. Look up the photo on their website and you will see why I was so happy with the view. The little deck on the 3rd floor riverfront of the building belongs to room #4. WELL worth the walk up and down the flights of stairs that seem to have annoyed other reviewers. This Inn is a bit costly but so is everything else in Saugatuck and the service is wonderful..my room was spotless, had new upscale bedding and while the furniture was not brand new and fancy, it suits the inn. The overall feel of the place is casual, comfy and welcoming. Breakfast was yummy and the dietary restrictions I had mentioned when I made my reservation were observed without question. There is a fridge available in the main lounge area and there was always some sort of snack available there as well. Coffee, tea etc also available at all times. The staff is very attentive, friendly and professional. There is nothing glitzy glam about this Inn (thank goodness)! Instead it felt a bit like an old family lodge that people return to every year...indeed I was the only first-time guest at breakfast.
I peeked at the rooms that view the street and they are small and charming..but for my money it will definitely be room #4 when I return..what a view!

Room Tip: Again...if you are a single or a couple..nothing beats the 3rd story view of room #4.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
UMWSUHFH
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The common rooms are on the river and are relaxing. The breakfasts are way high in carbs.
I would suggest spending the extra money to stay in the upgraded king bedded rooms. You will be a lot happier. All the rooms in Suagatuck are expensive. The owners could have spent just a few dollars to make the lesser expensive king rooms much more comfortable by providing additional storage.

Room Tip: The B&B is located on the Kalamazoo River. That does not mean your room is on the river.The less...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I just spent a couple nights here and we loved it! It's conveniently located in downtown Saugatuck right on the river and has a beautiful view. Although our room had a view of downtown (not riverside), we ate breakfast out on the riverside where they also have some tables set up for guests. The food was delicious! One day we went across the river to their sister resort to use the pool...so refreshing on a hot summer day! The staff were very friendly and accommodating and gave lots of great suggestions for dining, etc. We stayed in room 2 and thought it was great. It has a king size bed and a spacious deck where we had some wine and played games. This B&B is fairly priced and we would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
LAPEER
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were not impressed with our room, #2. It was small and a bit boring...no color on the walls. The deck overlooking town was big and we enjoyed sitting out there. The shower was a corner unit and once again I found myself standing on my head to shave my legs. The bed was comfortable, except when I got out of bed the next morning. The pillow-top had slid and when I rolled over to get out of bed, I fell on the floor! Don't expect to sleep in, it got very light in the room when the sun came up.
Breakfast was a step up from a motel. There was a breakfast casserole and fruit muffins and fruit bread and a bowl of fruit as well as the usual motel items. You could sit at the table in the dining area to eat or take your food outside or back to your room.
We saw a room with a bedroom area and living area as we were leaving...maybe that room would have been better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family