“Best breakfast!”

Pumpernickel's Eatery
Ranked #7 of 58 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
New Jersey
“Best breakfast!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We recently visited here, September 2013, for a girls trip. On our last day we had a reservation for this restaurant for breakfast. I should have eaten here every morning! It is very cute and quaint. You walk in and read the menu then order at the counter and the employees will bring it to you. We had a group of 12 so we had a table upstairs ready for us when we arrived. The food comes out quickly which is great! I had the french toast and it was simply divine! We had a large group so we were able to see many of their dishes and they all looked yummy. Everyone enjoyed their breakfast. The decor is pretty cool. Each table has these home made ceramic containers that hold your silverware. The employees were very friendly. They have a lot of egg scramble dishes I would have liked to try. I would definitely visit here again for breakfast when in town!

• Visited September 2013

Chicago, IL
“Good place for Breakfast”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

When you first walk into Pumpernickel's, if you are visiting with a group, it's best to have some people secure a table while the others wait in line to order, as it can get crowded. The breakfast food was good, including standard fare like pancakes and oatmeal. The French Toast has a lot of nuts so if nuts are not your thing you may want to avoid that. The breakfast burritos were also good. There is a surprising lack of breakfast restaurants in Saugatuck, so we pretty much went here every day (except for our last day when we went to Phoenix Street restaurant in South Haven, which was not nearly as good food-wise.) The service was not exceptional, the format of placing your own order is a bit odd, and one day my order was wrong, even though the cashier repeated it back to me. I heard a man at the table next to us say the same thing happened to him.

• Visited August 2013
Michigan
“No complaints”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Friends of mine went here this weekend and recommended it. He got an omelet and she got chicken salad. Went here for lunch and they have a great assortment of sandwiches as well as breakfast items. The food came out very quickly and nice portion size-I got the chicken salad sandwich and really liked it. I also got a mocha latte that was really good. Cute decor and friendly staff.

• Visited September 2013
Mishawaka, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT Breakfast!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Loved this place! Great Breakfast, friendly staff, nice atmosphere! Good prices! Breakfast is delivered in a cast iron skillet! Unique and Yummy!

Visited August 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Good for breakfast.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband, 18mo daughter and I had breakfast. I got the pancakes and strawberry cup. The pancakes are 10inches huge and pretty tasty. Totally enough to share with my daughter and still have leftovers. Strawberries were a nice serving and good quality. Husband had scrambled eggs and cinnamon roll- again huge and delicious. I used the extra cinnamon frosting on my pancake. On the whole, tasty but nothing out if the ordinary. You order at the counter but there was a waitress helping our table and brought out the food. I'd eat bfast there again.

• Visited August 2013