“Great Breakfast with Live Music!”

Pumpernickel's Eatery
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Really good breakfast at this restaurant. We went on a saturday morning and they even had live music! There was an acoustic guitar player that also sang, mainly covers. You order your food and then find a table and they bring it to you. I ordered a western omelet which was really good. I asked for gluten free bread which they advertised on their menu because I have a gluten allergy. When they brought my food to my table they told me they were out and brought me another slice of watermelon instead. Kind of disappointing but the great omelet made up for it. It was not that busy but was sometimes a challenge to get coffee refills.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

About 70 different sandwiches, at least 7 different types of bread baked daily, 2 levels to eat inside and 3 levels to enjoy your food outdoors. Delicious food, quick and friendly service, truly unique building and atmosphere. Reasonable prices in comparison to some of the other restaurants. Definitely sandwich heaven!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This place is wonderful. Excellent Food! Great Staff! I was there on business and needed to find a printer. They did everything and worked together to give me suggestions. Very kind,

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We ate breakfast here. The portions were good and the food looked really good, however we were disappointed that every bit of it was cold-all four breakfast meals. The food tasted good, but not exceptional. The best thing is that you can sit outside, we sat upstairs outside and it was nice to be above the busy street.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

So what if you have to go to the counter and place your order, when you see and devour the wonderful breakfast here you'll forget all about that little inconvenience! This place is charming whether you eat in the classy, slightly funky dining room or the adjacent porch room. (I also think they have a roof deck but it was closed at the time.) It's simply perfect for your morning breakfast and also with an exceptional menu, you just can't go wrong!

They do deliver your meal to your table and continue that friendly and efficient service throughout. My entrée consisted of the egg, potato, ham and cheese pie with a homemade biscuit and slices of watermelon along side. It was soooo delicious! My husband ordered the eggs benedict, with cheesy potatoes and also the watermelon. We both left full, happy and ready to walk it off in this exceptional little tourist town!