“Breakfast at it's Best”

Ranked #8 of 55 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed June 14, 2013

So what if you have to go to the counter and place your order, when you see and devour the wonderful breakfast here you'll forget all about that little inconvenience! This place is charming whether you eat in the classy, slightly funky dining room or the adjacent porch room. (I also think they have a roof deck but it was closed at the time.) It's simply perfect for your morning breakfast and also with an exceptional menu, you just can't go wrong!

They do deliver your meal to your table and continue that friendly and efficient service throughout. My entrée consisted of the egg, potato, ham and cheese pie with a homemade biscuit and slices of watermelon along side. It was soooo delicious! My husband ordered the eggs benedict, with cheesy potatoes and also the watermelon. We both left full, happy and ready to walk it off in this exceptional little tourist town!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had planned to have lunch across the street at a much higher rated restaurant, but it seemed to be so pricey for a lunch. My gosh - a lunch! Immediately across the street is a restaurant that we eventually decided to try - Pumpernickel's Eatery. A comfy walk up to the counter and order what you want They deliver to your table. Fresh baked breads....homemade soups....and dietary considerations. Prices were mid-range and reasonable. We sat on a nice porch. I might add this is a very casual setting, but there were lots of selection whether you were here for breakfast or lunch. Service was casual - especially if you ate on the porch. We really couldn't say anything negative about this restaurant and would return!

2  Thank skylady158
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I had lunch at the Pumpernickel on Memorial Day weekend. The sandwiches were good. The service was the average rating. We asked for a bowl of water for our dogs and the waitress had to be reminded twice. We finally got another server to bring some water. If we wanted a refill for our beverage we had to walk inside. Once inside I realized that they weren't busy at all, maybe 3 tables with customers.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoyed our time at Pumpernickels. Beautiful Sunday spring morning, live acoustic music (suitable for the day and ambience), and great seating on the covered deck upstairs, outside. We shared a deliciously gooey cinnamon roll, then each enjoyed the bacon, egg, and cheese stuffed croissants topped with a hollandaise sauce, which were very good. Staff was friendly. Service was good. A little pricey, but a beautiful, peaceful, delicious way to enjoy our morning vacationing in Saugatuck.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My daughter & I stopped there for a very lousy overpriced lunch. Had been there once before with a friend and was very disappointed this last time. Wont be going back.