“Great burgers!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had the olive burger and it was delicious! It was large and loaded, served with chips and a pickle spear. We were early so had a great seat by the window with a view of the Kalamazoo River and a marina. There was an outdoor eating area which was busy. I have been to the Butler several times and would definitely go again.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We went there on a rainy Wednesday afternoon. There weren't many people in there, so we got seated immediately. We got to seat by the window and look out at the boats that were going by. Looking at the menu, I noticed that they didn't have some of the items that were on the online menu on the one that I was holding. That is my only complaint, and it's not a complaint as an observation.

We ordered our drinks and an appetizer of chips and salsa. Those came out in about 5 mins. We then ordered. I had a pesto chicken flatbread and my boyfriend had a crease burger and that came with chips. He said that his was only decent, it was good but that's really all. My flatbread was really great. I loved that they didn't over load it was parmesan cheese.

We would come back here again, but definitely would be eating on the deck in non rainy weather.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

As the title suggests, I love coming here. Great view of the water, with the big tree next to the deck offering another great view. Tiki Bar where everyone is always having a great time. So this is another time where we come for dinner and drinks, and end up staying here for 6 hours (don't worry, we took care of the waitress ! ). just something about listening to a band, with good food and great service, makes this a great day always.

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Not too busy a week before Memorial Day. Took advantage of it with sunny skies and 70 degrees. Very good Coconut Shrimp Salad ($14) and Prime Rib sandwich ($9). Great service by friendly and efficient young lady.

1  Thank irishPerrysburg
Reviewed May 16, 2014

While staying at the Best Western, Saugatuck we asked for a good local dining establishment and the Butler Restaurant was recommended. The restaurant is directly on the waterfront with spectacular views of Lake Kalamazoo harbour, the boardwalk and and some of the most beautiful boats I've ever seen. Outdoor dining and live entertainment is available from Memorial Day through Labor Day ... unfortunately it was too chilly this day for us to be eating outdoors. The restaurant is located in the heart of downtown Saugatuck and within walking distance to shopping, art galleries and a short drive to Oval Beach. It has an old charm interior with a very large bar and plenty of tables right at the windows. The service was great and the menu had great food choices. Our meal was delicious and we just loved the wonderful atmosphere and friendly staff. Would highly recommend.