“Pleasant family orientated restaurant”
Review of The Butler

The Butler
Ranked #10 of 57 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Food was above average - we had prime rib. Good house wine.

There are newer reviews for The Butler

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have been to The Butler several times and always dine outdoors on the deck. We love the waterfront atmosphere and enjoy the live entertainment - especially Jim and Roger, who play on Sunday afternoons during the summer months. The food is good, although the menu offered outdoors is limited. The Butler Burger was great - cooked perfectly, and the perch sandwich was also very good. Service was excellent! We always dine at The Butler every time we visit Saugatuck!

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Saugatuck was packed on a busy Labor Day. We walked the town and decided on the spur of the moment to have lunch at The Butler. Walking into the small lobby area, you notice the woody, nautical theme of the dining room & bar area. We were immediately seated along the windows looking at the water. Service was attentive. We noticed that all the staff was dressed in black clothes or uniforms. Prices seemed to be a bit high for what was offered, but this is a resort town. Our food was prompty presented. The crab chowder was described as very good. My chili was spicy as described. House salad was rather small, I would have appreciated dressing on the side but I didnt ask, so my mistake.
Table mate had the key lime pie for dessert which was described as outstanding. We had no complaints about our visit.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

My lovely wife and I have spent many afternoons this summer on the deck at the Butler. Overlooking the boats and the water, it really doesn't get much better. Staff is very friendly and does their best to make you happy. Food is just OK, but drinks are strong. We keep coming back, and with all the options on the coast of Lake Michigan, I think this says a lot.

1  Thank socrog
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I guess this place has been there forever and it kind of felt like it. The food was not bad, but dinner for two adults and 3 tennagers was 90 dollars, only one re fill on any beverage, which is nuts these days and the food was nothing special. My prime rib was good, everything else looked processed, not homemade or fresh, just "food". we all ate but for the price and the other really nice places in town, you can do better