“Warm welcome, great location!”
Review of Ivy Inn

Ivy Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugatuck
Ivy Inn
Ranked #12 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Located right downtown, yet nestled away. Clean, neat and well decorated. Innkeeper welcoming. Our room, the Queen's Room, large, lots of places for clothes and the shower was strong and hot. They do not supply shampoo, etc & the soap is very small. Bring your own. Breakfast was a variety of foods. A delicious quiche, fruit mix, pastries, cereals, muffins and a good cup of coffee! Parking is safe, off street. Nice screened in front porch. Friendly, accommodating, great location, comfy and clean. We will return!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dulcevesta928
There are newer reviews for Ivy Inn

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Ivy Inn. The manager Barbara is a very warm and welcoming host. The inn is tucked away from the main street and is very quiet. The rooms are typical B&B but sufficient. You need to bring your hair products and hair dryer, not supplied. The breakfast was a strata, muffins, fruit etc. A nice way to begin the day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bellarosa1
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our family recently traveled to Saugatuck, Michigan to attend wedding festivities. Others reserved a room for me at a national chain, which advertized it was also in Saugatuck. Fortunately, a cousin told me about the Ivy Inn, a bed and breakfast, where they stay every time they travel to the shore. The national chain was on the outskirts of town, while the Ivy Inn was right in the midst of all of the action.

Notwithstanding its perfect location, it was a great place to stay. The owner and staff were very friendly and made our weekend stay a wonderful experience. The Ivy Inn is situated facing the water in front, where you can see all of the boaters. It is also a block off the main shopping street in the rear, which can be accessed directly from the back of the property through a park gate. There are also shops immediately in front of the Ivy Inn. Nestled to the side is a nice yard to sit and talk to friends and family, or to access the Internet. Inside, the furnishings are lovely and inviting. You almost get the feeling of being home away from home. All of our needs were met, and when we made any special requests, they too were met with a friendly smile.

My nephew was a last minute arrival, so I asked to change my reservation from a queen bed to two twins. The switch was happily accommodated. My nephew and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Ivy Inn, and as I was leaving town, he was debating whether to stay another day.

We were in walking distance to everything, which would not have been the case had I stayed at the national chain. In fact, I would have pretty much been stranded away from everything had I not switched to the Ivy Inn. We had late drinks down on the water due to our late arrival time. Then after the wedding and reception ended the next day, we partied just two doors down at the most happening place in town. The live band played every song I knew, while the dance floor was crowded with bridesmaids from several weddings.

If I ever get the chance to return to Saugatuck, I will surely stay at the Ivy Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Caicaraskiki
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a little B&B, not fancy but totally homey. The location is fantastic, right along the main drag amid the shops of Saugatuck. The day we were there, the town was hot and crowded, with Jimmy Buffet music blaring from every bar. Exhausted from walking in the heat, we rounded the corner to the porch of the Ivy Inn, and heaved a sigh of relief. The ivy covered walls, huge shade trees and virtually invisible entrance totally separated us from the hubbub of town. We sat on the porch swing, screened from bugs and people, and decompressed.

Barb greeted us by name--she had been waiting for us. Fresh baked brownies graced the front desk. We stayed in room 1. It was tiny, and simply furnished, but boasted a beautiful balcony overlooking a park...with ivy, shade trees and an occasional squirrel, we were perfectly comfortable. The bed was comfy, the sheets soft, the shower hot, with good water pressure. A little vase of fresh flowers graced a table. Breakfast was yummy, with convivial fellow travelers.
I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Vicki M
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I went with my cousin and her fiance based on their rec -- they had stayed there previously -- and the b&b met all of our needs: exceptionally clean, comfortable, good food, great location, charming, and nice staff with good recs. Can't say enough about how well-suited the host is for running a B&B -- the right amount of friendliness, helpfulness, and care.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SaraZ23
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We arrived late, mid-week, off season, on the way to a wedding, in the pouring rain and Barb waited up for us and was so welcoming and lovely. We were the only people staying there so she let us choose a bigger room for no extra charge. We chose the Ivy Room which was so warm and cosy. The next morning we had one of the best breakfasts I'd ever had anywhere. Home cooked baked eggs, muffins, bagels, fruit and yoghurt. It was amazing. Barb gave us some great tips for what to do in the area, even off season, and we had a lovely walk up to the beach and explored the local area. Breakfast the next day was even better - Baked Almond French Toast.

Everything was great, but I would go back there just for the breakfasts.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fergal
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is by no means the nicest B&B in Saugatuck but it may be the best value. The rooms are a bit small but adequate. They're clean and cleaned each day. The location is just great, right in the heart of things. The innkeeper is friendly and well informed about what is going on in the area. The breakfast is actually better than those at some of the higher cost inns. All too often, rather than a basic or healthy breakfast, the more expensives places tend to serve highly sweetened items such as baked french toast with brown sugar topping. Breakfast at the Ivy offered variety but was on the healthy side of things, more focused on adults than children, and served until 10AM so one has an opportunity to sleep in a bit on Sunday morning.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple