“Delightful”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saugatuck
Saugatuck Harbor Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Saugatuck
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Arrived in the city the day before July 4 with no reservations! We worried because this was the only lodging available. Rooms were small for the price but sufficient and very clean. WONDERFUL staff. Provided a special breakfast due to our health issues even though we said it was unnecessary. Pool located right off the harbor on site. Walking distance to town. Good info on their website.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank REJ47

Reviewed July 19, 2010

Location was great, but me and my husband were really dissapointed with room we got for the price; size of the room, tv was so small with couple channels, bathroom -no place to put the toiletries... Seriously, we stayd 2 nights, $480.00, - dissapined what we got for that much.
Breakfast? Big NO... Sorry.

1  Thank aromanowska
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Perfect Getaway! We have traveled a lot and have been to Saugatuck many times-This is the best Inn in the area! Great breakfast, short walk to everything and they have a pool right on the Harbor. The Inn is very well decorated and very clean. It is expensive, but a very good value compared with other places we have stayed in Saugatuck. We are going back this summer when the pool is open and can't wait!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JohnandJanice021
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Just returning from our trip to Saugatuck. It was all we hoped it would be except for the beach...too chilly and in the middle of July! Lots of good shopping, restaurants and wine!

As for the accomodations, I must say, for the $288.00 we spent per night, we didn't feel we got our monies worth. Long story short, with the Saugatuck Harbor Inn being run by a corporation, we think it lacked the personal attention. Not to mention, the room had a unsavory smell, the flat screen t.v. was very small with only a few select channels ( which included mostly informercial channels all day ), breakfast was late ( and cold ) upon arrival every morning, the smoke alarms were activated each day they cooked, we were never notified of the code to activate / deactivate the front door lock and a few of the occupants were even locked out in the middle of the night. Since there was no one on premise it made it difficult when there were a problem. The "view of the harbor" consisted of sitting on the floor looking out the window, between the condo's across the street. Unfortunately I don't think, for this kind of money, we would ever recommend, nor return to this property. There are far too many other choices in the area for the money. Unfortunately they were not available the weekend we were...

( while rating, the only option allowed was "excellent" but I would rate this property as "fair" )

Stayed: July 2009
3  Thank Princess2
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Good location, clean, nicely decorated. Mgmt didn't tell any of the guests entry codes, info re breakfast. Was no one on-site to handle issues. Late night bangings at door, from guests who couldn't get in, people coming in off street due to unlocked doors, fire alarms beeping thru the night. Conversation at breakfast was all about poor service. Simple information sheet, or on-site staff would alleviate problems. Mgmt not very responsive to calls from several guests weekend we were there. would not stay there again. Mgmt asked me to tell all the guests the info code.....thought I was a guest, not staff. Very weird.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank okemosladies
Reviewed November 26, 2008

Our family rented the entire Saugatuck Harbor Inn for our families annual reunion and it was the best! This house had 7 bedrooms (three of which were suites), 7 full baths and an incredible pool on the harbor. Our family had a blast each night strolling into the downtown for outdoor music, dancing and great restaurants. The pool and deck overlooking the SS Kewatin was so peaceful.

We are going back in July 2009, please don't take our week! Have fun in this great town and location, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank WilliamGlenEllyn
Reviewed October 4, 2008

My husband, kids, and I had agreat experience at the Saugatuck Harbor Inn this Summer, we almost did not stay because of a couple of reviews from other travelers regarding the view and reservation process. I'm so glad that my husband reminded me that these are opinions and everybody has one. Hope you like mine.

This B&B (not a hotel as it is mis-classified on this site) is in downtown Saugatuck on Lake Street. It is part of the Saugatuck Harbor Resort and shares a large pool with awesome views of the harbor and SS Keewatin Ship across the harbor (see attached pictures). The Kewatin is an old time ship that offers tours and my kids loved it. I enjoyed my morning coffee from this pool deck and wine with my husband as the sun set-Beautiful! We met other guests of the Inn at breakfast who were raving about the Inn's room decor'. We later went out with two other couples dancing up the street at the Whitehouse Bistro. I think we met everyone staying at the Inn over the weekend and all were very happy with the food, location, and view.

I did ask the innkeeper about the reservation process and she told me that once somebody has paid for their room it was theirs. I believe that because we did not arrive until after 11:00PM and our room was waiting for us. They did not give it away. It is a very popular town and Inn. There were many people that were turned away because of the Inn being sold out just durung breakfast.

We are going back in December and I cant wait.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Chicago_ILSusan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugatuck
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saugatuck - Douglas
#2 of 10 in Saugatuck
Captains Quarters Motel
Captains Quarters Motel
#1 of 10 in Saugatuck

Been to Saugatuck Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!