“The Best Coffee in America”

Uncommon Coffee Roasters
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Saugatuck
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Since 1994, relationship has been at the core of everything we do at Uncommon Coffee Roasters. From our customers to our coffee producers, and everybody in between, we make it our priority to build strong, sustainable partnerships. It is our goal to provide a variety of delicious and unique coffees that suit your palette. Whether you're a beginner or coffee professional, we will be at your side to fulfill your coffee needs. At Uncommon Coffee Roasters, we are here for you, building relationships in the name of Coffee.
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I don't know if it is the fact that they roast there coffee on site, but this has got to be the best coffee I have ever had! Stopped there several times on our trip to Saugatuck. Great chocolate chip cookies, too.

1  Thank ilre12345

Reviewed March 29, 2010

Stopped in late Sunday morning for some breakfast and brunch. The café seemed busy with students working, families and young people chatting. Breakfast menu is limited and I opted for the breakfast sandwich (scrambled eggs, roasted tomatoes, green peppers, Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese: cooked casserole-style) between a multi-grain English muffin.

Coffee selections and creations are impressive! Try the French Guiana (espresso, cayenne pepper, cinnamon and whipped cream), smoothy (strawberry, banana, yogurt and granola mix of corn flakes and almonds).

Patio-seating and proximity to the waterfront make this space ideal!

1  Thank justinieniii
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I'm definitely a fan of Uncommon Grounds! My boyfriend and I visited on a recent trip to Saugatuck and had great coffee. My Toasted Coconut Latte was absolutely delicious, and he enjoyed his Caramel Silk. We sat in two comfy chairs by the bookshelf because the tables were packed -- on a random Monday afternoon in late-October. However, that's even more proof that it's a great place!

Reviewed September 30, 2009

The best Mocha Latte ever! From the first day they opened, it has been my favorite! Steve runs this place very, very well. Always clean and always consistently good! Love the homeade baked goods.................just terrific!!

Reviewed August 21, 2009

Each year when we visit Saugatuck I enjoy getting up in the morning and taking the short walk from our rental cottage for coffee. Both my wife and myself rate it highly and maybe the best coffee we've ever had. Priced very reasonably unlike some of the big chain coffee houses. Pastries looked very good but we did not sample. You can count on the porch being crowded with coffee drinkers at any time of day. Look forward to next time!